Poly Install tips

SLICK78

Dragway Regular
Aug 1, 2009
La Porte, Tx
hey guys I ordered my poly frontend parts last night and a set of moog 5660's \:D/ I have done upper control arm bushings before but not lowers and I was wondering if yall had any tips on putting them in since last time it was really hard for me to put the new pnes in with out bending up the upper arms and I had the bushings in the freezer prior to install so I dont know :-k

UMI Sales

Amateur Racer
Jan 6, 2009
Hello
When installing new bushings in a factory control arm it can be tough without bending up the control arm. Other than putting the bushings in the freezer to make them (pretty much solid). I would also suggest to clean out all of the rust and if there is any imperfections clean them up as well so there is nothing to interfere with the bushing installation. You could always use a very little grease as well to allow them to slide into position easier. Like I mentioned these were a few other suggestions to help with the installation.
Thanks Again
Brad :D

SLICK78

Dragway Regular
Aug 1, 2009
La Porte, Tx
thanks

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
i've bent an arm beyond repair doing this one.do yourself a favor,make a few half moon shaped peices to go in between the two halves of the arm where the bushings go.picture shaped like a rod or main bearing to slide in there to stop the arm from colapsing while you apply pressure.their two diffrent widths.i used just a peice of pipe and cut it in half to drop in to stop it all from getting bent a second time.sorry if this sounds confusing.

SLICK78

Dragway Regular
Aug 1, 2009
La Porte, Tx
the last time I did them on my 79 wagon I just laid it on my vise and kinda beat them in lol one side at a time so I didnt crush the arm

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!