POR 15 on my 12 bolt

406Monte

Dragway Regular
Nov 30, 2007
Hubert, NC
Thanks for the compliments all. I totally agree with you Griz. It didn't take me no time to do it and it looks great.

Griz i was running 3.73 in my 7.5 and was running in the 11.90's on a good day at the track. I am going to 4.11 full spool with the 12 bolt. I can't wait to see what the times will be now, I am sure that it will be a little faster but how much i don't know. Any guesses out there?

406Monte

Dragway Regular
Nov 30, 2007
Hubert, NC
It's been awhile since i have raced. If i remeber it is somewhere around 5000 rpm.

grizwald

Top Fueler
Feb 21, 2008
Ontario, Canada
well, i have a very similar combo to you (which i think we've discussed at some point). but, here it is...408, 350 trans, 3200 stall, 4.10 with spool. i'm still fresh at the drag racing thing and need to hone my skills quite a bit...but i'm finding that if i shift at or real close to 6000 i end up right around 6000 at the line. i'm sure my car has a REAL low 12 in it...maybe high 11 with some tuning and much driver improvement :oops: . i don't have a real educated guess to give you on time...just thought this info could help you make an educated guess.

my total guess would be you'll be down around 11.50.

406Monte

Dragway Regular
Nov 30, 2007
Hubert, NC
I would love to be down around 11.50 on my times with the new 12 bolt installed. But, i guess I'll have to wait and see.

I would think that you will be in the high 11.90's as well with that conbo. If you just practice your launches and find that sweet spot on the launch and you will see your times drop. I know it took me along time to get my launches just right and now i have several .500 lights and alot of .500-.550 lights. It will also help if you have some nice drag tires to help plant it all and suspension and it will hook and get you where you want to be. Let me know what you run if you get to the track I am interested in what you run.

grizwald

Top Fueler
Feb 21, 2008
Ontario, Canada
actually, i went this past weekend. track was poop cause they were running semi trucks. i'm assuming they couldn't get all the water off their tires after going through the water box and that didn't help my traction problems. my best 60' was 1.72...but on that pass, i missed 3rd and popped into neutral quickly!! so that pass ended up being a 12.78. i ran a 12.48 or so, a 12.31, and a few REALLY junky runs spinning the tires like crazy. i know that the car has a ton left in it...i need some serious practice and i think some major suspension upgrades.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts