Radio, Power Locks, Lighter fuse keeps blowing..

PuertoRico

Weekend Racer
Nov 1, 2009
Ok so i got an alarm installed about a month ago and i remember the installer telling me that he had to tap into my powerlock wire because the drivers side door always said it was open so the alarm would malfunction. So my car was fine for 2 weeks and now all of a sudden my radio, powerlock, and lighter fuse keeps blowing (all are on the same fuse). When the fuse blows, my alarm keychain always tells me that the door is "open". This means that it is also relating to alarm. So what can i do about this? Can it just be wires touching each other because the car was fine for 2 weeks and now the fuse blows every day. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

tiedyemike8

Frequent Racer
Oct 28, 2009
Naperville, IL
ScotSea said:
I would take it back to the installer and tell him the problem.

X2

PuertoRico

Weekend Racer
Nov 1, 2009
The only problem is that this was a friends friend and he lives alittle far away and i dont really want to go through the hassel of getting him to check my car, i did do afew tests and found out that the car is fine until my lighter thing touches the lighter port and instantly blows the fuse maby i just cant use my lighter port anymore :?

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
PuertoRico said:
The only problem is that this was a friends friend and he lives alittle far away and i dont really want to go through the hassel of getting him to check my car, i did do afew tests and found out that the car is fine until my lighter thing touches the lighter port and instantly blows the fuse maby i just cant use my lighter port anymore :?

Take the dime/penny out of the lighter socket...

Tommy

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
:lol: Had the same thing to my ex-wifes car one time, took me forever to figure it out.! Boy, you're full of it today :)

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
LS6 Tommy said:
PuertoRico said:

Take the dime/penny out of the lighter socket...

Tommy
Yep, sounds like a lighter plug problem to me. See if there's anything inside shorting it out. I had a similar issue with blowing fuses in my Sonoma. The tabs at the + connection in the end of the plug somehow wound up touching the outside (ground). Left the lighter out and never had a problem after that.

PuertoRico

Weekend Racer
Nov 1, 2009
i already looked for anything in the socket everything looks fine.. it was working before i got the alarm installed but idk... The fuse only blows when the lighter port gets touched by the lighter thing that you push into it... its no big deal i just leave it off now and my fuse doesnt blow. Thanks for all the suggestions tho

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts