Rear End Vibe

78Bu88SS

Dragway Regular
Nov 1, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
monzaz said:
If you think or know the rear has never been f-ed with then the carrier bearings are getting pretty sloppy. When you put new ones on the shims will be tough to get in. They will need to be tapped into each side. It will not be fun SO please do not blame me for this if you change them...lol. I do this all the time and even for me I get angry at some builds...lol. Jim

Change one thing at a time again I can not stress enough...... This way you know what the cause was. or multiple causes were. Jim

I ran it up in the air and thats how I started tracking down where it was coming from. Ran it w/o any wheels and drums, etc.

Oh I've built a few rears and I know what you are saying. Bearing preload is a good thing, just not too much. I'll end up doing the bearings, since it sounds like they are sloppy. And I just happen to have a set too.

monzaz

Dragway Regular
Aug 10, 2005
Richfield, Oh
www.jdrace.com
How about axle play in those bearings up and down easier to see this movement when the wheel is on. yank up and down to see if there is excesive play ...In out is ok at about .010 ish. Jim

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts