Rear mounted baterry need pics

80 MICH BU

Dragway Regular
Oct 26, 2004
Northern Michigan
Looking for pics & ideas. I have my rear seat & sill plates out out and thought this would be a good time to run the cables forward...or is it better to run them underneath the car?

z28krazy

Amateur Racer
Apr 10, 2010
New Braunfels, Texas
80 MICH BU said:
Looking for pics & ideas. I have my rear seat & sill plates out out and thought this would be a good time to run the cables forward...or is it better to run them underneath the car?

I don't have any photos, but I mounted my Optima in the spare tire well after fabbing a battery mount and routed the B+ thru a grommeted hole underneath the car and up to the passenger front going along the frame rail. At that point I use a Ford type solenoid and run the B+ from it under the headers to the starter. The ground runs thru a shut-off switch mounted in the rear bumper and attaches to the frame at the rear.

Weekend Racer
Oct 22, 2003
Southern ON Canada
We ran the battery cable through a Moroso 74102 - 4 post kill switch, inside the frame rail to a F**d style solenoid on the firewall. The orange wire is 6g welding cable directly from the alternator to the small jumpered post on the kill switch, and it's run through the door sill into the trunk.

Attachments

• Optima 006.jpg
    Optima 006.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 1,412

80 MICH BU

Dragway Regular
Oct 26, 2004
Northern Michigan
So it looks like you guys went down through the trunk and along the frame rail which is what I was thinking instead of inside the car and through the dash area under the HVAC area. I already have the Furd remote starter solenoid mounted in the rh inr fender near the stock battery.

Weekend Racer
Oct 22, 2003
Southern ON Canada
80 MICH BU said:
So it looks like you guys went down through the trunk and along the frame rail which is what I was thinking instead of inside the car and through the dash area under the HVAC area. I already have the Furd remote starter solenoid mounted in the rh inr fender near the stock battery.
Yes, but inside the frame rail since it was a race only car and it and the fuel line must be "protected", so we fed it through a hole at the rear, and thern out another once past the flexplate area.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts