Rear Springs

LETSDRG

Weekend Racer
Apr 14, 2009
Grosse Ile, MI
I have just been browsing these threads for a starting point on rear springs for my car. I currently have the stock ones in there with stock shocks. It has an ARB in it and soon to have D/A uppers and lowers. It is an 80 monte carlo, and i know in the suspension facts it says the 4 common spring rates used
12”, 130#
12”, 150#
14”, 130#
14”, 150#

I was just curious what springs you think i should start with, the car has full interior, and i mostly use it for drag, ocational street but not much (gas is to expencive!!)

Best the car 60'ed with stock springs, shocks, control arms, and the ARB was a 1.51. went 10.54 @ 129.

im also going to be getting some QA1 shocks in a couple weeks.

slimbo

May 21, 2007
www.yellowbullet.com
i just put 12 150,s in mine but the rear is apart so i cant tell ya how it sits...

64chevelle

Weekend Racer
Dec 10, 2010
wichita ks
i am also intrested in this. Where would I find the 12 150's?? Are these a spring found in a parts store? or online??

thanks

Brian

JUAN W

Dragway Regular
64chevelle said:
i am also intrested in this. Where would I find the 12 150's?? Are these a spring found in a parts store? or online??

thanks

Brian
http://www.summitracing.com/search/Brand/QA1-Precision-Products/?keyword=qa1+coil+spring

JUAN W

Dragway Regular
64chevelle said:
wow so just using coilover springs with by themselves??

Brian
yes, just install them in the stock spring mounts

Supe

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Charlotte, NC
1720 said:
JUAN W said:
64chevelle said:
wow so just using coilover springs with by themselves??

Brian
yes, just install them in the stock spring mounts
Can you post or email me a picture of your installation?

They go exactly where the factory springs do. They have the same ID as the pigtails on the stock springs.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts