rear sway bar issue /// control arm reloc brackets

79izfine

Pro Stocker
Nov 20, 2005
massachusetts
www.cardomain.com
the dilema installed a factory monte ss rear sway bar on my umi boxed arms the sway bar is so close to the housing you could slide a piece of hair between them,,,, not liking it after inspecting a friends south side lift bars noticed mount holes are in different place i tossed around buying new lift bars now thinking relocation brackets this is going in a street car so basically looking for people with brackets installed and see what opinions i could get going this route,,,,, lastly with reloc brackets is it easy to set pinion angle ? thanks

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
i had a similar problem w/edelbrock control arms,it was touching the bottom of the 9"housing.i made some brackets because i couldn't find any real fix.maybe those relocation brackets will work?i'm sure there's someone on here that knows more than me.excuse the dust
yesmam004.jpg

79izfine

Pro Stocker
Nov 20, 2005
massachusetts
www.cardomain.com
well i am sure the reloc will work to ,,, when installing lift bars they come with reloc brackets also but not sure if the control arm is same length mine are umi to replace stockers ,,,,, man you did 1 heck of a job painting your set up thanks for the pic was wondering about the bar that bolts to the frame i assume its for strength from a frame notch if so where did you get them

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
i hope you get to the bottom of that control arm problem,those bars are made by edelbroc,they trangulate the rear frame.i'
m yet to build the new tailpipes so we'll see how that goes with the bars.i havn't narrowed the frame.as for the picture,it kills me that it is that dirty after all that work on the frame suspension etc,etc.thanks for the complment it's nice to hear!i'm suprised that none else that has used the relcoating brackets has chimed in yet.hopefully someone will.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts