Safe th350 power level

sbmalibu

Frequent Racer
Oct 5, 2009
north judson indiana
I was wondering what people are putting through built transbrake th350's and how long there lasting.I have a couple trans places around me and am thinking of having mine built instead of going to the trouble and expense of finding a 400 and having it done.What mods are needed and what needs to be changed inside to handle some street and dragracing in a 3500# or so malibu.Right now its only making mabey 400 hp.But i plan to go to a 6.0 when money gets a little less tight and am looking at a 580 to 600 hp motor with a 150 shot.Any tips or suggestions either way are welcome.thanks

sbmalibu

Frequent Racer
Oct 5, 2009
north judson indiana
c,mon guys i know people are running these.Im just looking for some opinions either way.I think it should be able to be built to be reliable but just want some other actual user input.

slimbo

May 21, 2007
www.yellowbullet.com
I run a 350 in mine. nothing special just a rebuild with good clutches and a shift kit. Was in my last gp which i raced since 96. so this trans is holding up pretty well and isnt showing any signs of failing yet.

Ed Cannon

Pro Stocker
Jul 17, 2009
Johnson City Tn
I just went threw this with mine. I wanted it to be able to handle all I could throw at it. I called the guys at Redneck sold me a great 3500 converter with anti ballooning plates and a 36 element sprag and heavy duty drum. Cost about $350 for the drum and sprag but thats what fails most of the time. Also use a low reverse sprag out of a 700r4, you can get those cheap, I got mine for $20.00. I also put in a trans go kit from b&m its like a stage 4 shift kit about 80.00. Shifts HARD and fast even with a lose converter. Also put in good clutches.steels and bands. I Love my trans now it works like a dream. And the guy at Redneck said it should be able to handle up to 800 hp. I had it all put together at a local builder for $300 thats was with him supplying the clutches etc.. I have about 1200 total in mine. I also use a good cooler and AN lines. Hope this helps. I cant say enough about the guys at Redneck.

sbmalibu

Frequent Racer
Oct 5, 2009
north judson indiana
Thanks guys for all the input.I have a b/m clutch and steel kit i bought for it with alto ? clutch plates and there shift reprogremmer kit.So with this a 36 element sprag and drum i should be ok.I have a guy that is very good with circle track trans but dosent speak dragrace at all.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts