seats

brandon

Daily Driver
Jul 5, 2010
i have a 82 malibu i need to replace the seats. what other car can i get some seats out of that will fit my car

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Any G-Body will fit. If you have a split bench it uses bucket seat tracks, but if it's a full bench you would need the mounts near the trans tunnel to put buckets in. I think one of the guys said late (4th gen.) F-Body seats bolted right to his seat tracks.

DOUG213XRJ

MalibuRacing Junkie
Sep 18, 2006
West, MI
I think any GM bucket seat will bolt to any G-body seat tracks. One of my cars have bucket seats from a late 80s Grand Am, That are bolted to the stock 78 Malibu bench seat frames (four stock bench seat tracks are needed for bucket seats). My 78 El Camino has buckets from a 90`s S10 blazer, They bolted up to the stock El Camino seat tracks.. Doug

78mali350

Amateur Racer
Nov 12, 2008
Helena, AR
Along with the replacement seat question, Do you then assume that seats out of a 00-04 Impala should fit in the car without major problems?

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
That's a good question. Personally I'd like to try a set from the NBS full size trucks that have seat belts in the seat, that would clean up the look a lot imo, but far as I know none of those seats would flip forward enough for someone to climb in, unless they're full manual.

78mali350

Amateur Racer
Nov 12, 2008
Helena, AR
Full manual was what I am thinking, plus at least in my situation. I think I have had passengers in the back seat like once in three years.

purecrazy

Weekend Racer
Jul 19, 2010
from what I have experienced, the major differences in using GM seats are whether they are from rear wheel drive cars, or front wheel drive cars. You can use any seats, but some require serious modifacations to the brackets. Looking for bolt in replacements, stay within similar years and platformed cars.

JuniorJ

Frequent Racer
78mali350 said:
Along with the replacement seat question, Do you then assume that seats out of a 00-04 Impala should fit in the car without major problems?

They will work, but you have to adapt bucket seat tracks from a gbody to those seats. or make spacers for the impala seats and drill new holes in the floor pan and re-inforce the bottom side of the holes you drilled.

78mali350

Amateur Racer
Nov 12, 2008
Helena, AR
JuniorJ said:
They will work, but you have to adapt bucket seat tracks from a gbody to those seats. or make spacers for the impala seats and drill new holes in the floor pan and re-inforce the bottom side of the holes you drilled.

Is the spacers due to a height difference? I am going from a bench to buckets so I assume I'll have to drill new holes no matter what. What causes the issues with the different seat tracks? Sorry, I have limited knowledge on this.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts