seperate fuel system to feed nitrous...

MISFITmalibu63

MalibuRacing Junkie
Feb 21, 2004
The Sticks... Tewksbury MA
so, since my car is a street car, im gonna run a mechanical pump to feed the engine. as for the nitrous, i want to install a small 3 gal fuel cell to run 110 in and feed the nitrous plate. right now i have it jetted for 125. what electric pump can i use, and also what pressure should it be set at??

tusk

Weekend Racer
Jun 14, 2009
Wilmington N.C.
you know in a away i was going to be asking this same question,i plan on running a seperate fuel system for the nitrous on the elky,i was going to use a holley blue pump, and was wondering about the pressure since its a stand alone fuel system,I will also be using a blue pump for the engine

A Holley blue will work fine for what you want to do, i set mine 6-7 pounds flowing thru a jet, wire in a hobbs switch to be safe, i only use a 1 gal cell mounted up front in my street car.

MISFITmalibu63

MalibuRacing Junkie
Feb 21, 2004
BryanH said:
A Holley blue will work fine for what you want to do, i set mine 6-7 pounds flowing thru a jet, wire in a hobbs switch to be safe, i only use a 1 gal cell mounted up front in my street car.

hobbs switch???

i was gonna wire it to the throttle switch so it activated with the 2 solenoids

Hobbs switch!! yes, not for activation but for de-activation, a hobbs switch is a pressure switch which can be wired in to your NOS system to de-activate the solenoids if fuel pressure drops below a specific level. A throttle switch is fine for activating the NOS

5-door

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 23, 2004
Cottage Grove, MN
www.jtraceshop.com
MISFITmalibu63 said:
BryanH said:

hobbs switch???

If I'm reading this correctly, you are saying you want to wire the fuel pump to turn on when the solenoids turn on?

DO NOT do this! Make sure you set the pump on it's own switch so you can turn the fuel pump on well before you ever think about pushing the button to open the solenoids. If you don't, you're in for one heck of a bang.

MISFITmalibu63

MalibuRacing Junkie
Feb 21, 2004
5-door said:
MISFITmalibu63 said:
BryanH said:

hobbs switch???

If I'm reading this correctly, you are saying you want to wire the fuel pump to turn on when the solenoids turn on?

DO NOT do this! Make sure you set the pump on it's own switch so you can turn the fuel pump on well before you ever think about pushing the button to open the solenoids. If you don't, you're in for one heck of a bang.

so its ok to just turn the pump on even though its not flowing any fuel?? if thats the case, i'd just turn it on right after i did my burnout then stage and go for it. sound about right?

5-door

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 23, 2004
Cottage Grove, MN
www.jtraceshop.com
MISFITmalibu63 said:
so its ok to just turn the pump on even though its not flowing any fuel?? if thats the case, i'd just turn it on right after i did my burnout then stage and go for it. sound about right?
Yep.

Excelerater

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 22, 2003
Memphis,TN
MISFITmalibu63 said:
so, since my car is a street car, im gonna run a mechanical pump to feed the engine. as for the nitrous, i want to install a small 3 gal fuel cell to run 110 in and feed the nitrous plate. right now i have it jetted for 125. what electric pump can i use, and also what pressure should it be set at??

I dont like a blue pump for this application......
reason one it has no bypass and will creap like a **** (pressure buildup)mounted up front
two it is not very repeatable,turn it on once then turn it on again and the pressure will vary
often people forget to turn on the front pump ,I recommend your arm switch be also your pump switch.
Id rather see a nice pump like a Mallory 140 to power the entire car from the rear and feed into a dist block mounted
somewhere in the engine compartment...140s are quiet and plenty large some a combo like yours

hobb switch .....never.......
very erratic and usually cause more trouble than good......

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts