seperate fuel system for nitrous?

Blackwizard22

Frequent Racer
Feb 26, 2007
NJ
If I want to run a 200 shot on a 350, should I run a 1 gallon cell with race gas and its own pump/reg to feed the fuel solenoid? Or is this overkill for a 200 shot. Could I just run 1 big electric pump and split it with 2 regs and 92? What size fuel line should I look to run? I assume if I run an extra 1-3 gall cell I could probably run small lines since it would be 2 fuel lines vs. one line feeding the engine and the fuel solenoid.

Or could I just run 92 and a meth/water injection system?

What power levels would this become necessary?

Could I mount this cell under the hood? Or does it have to be in the trunk?

Car will see street time but will be collecter/inspection exempt

Bigblockguy

Amateur Racer
Feb 8, 2008
ste Anne mb Canada
What size lines do you run now? How much power are you making on motor?
Lots of guys run a single line but It's nice to have a seperate pump and line for the nitrous, and No worries about upgrading later.

I was going to run a 1gal fuel cell mounted under the hood ,I decided to buy a 20gal fuel cell, then I used my existing 3/8's hard line and blue pump for the nitrous and a -10 braided line and black pump for the motor. It's works well and will support lots of power and maybe cost $50.00 more then using the 1gal cell

The one adavantage to using a seperate cell is being able to run race fuel in the cell and pump gas in the for the motor.

59RAT

Frequent Racer
Nov 18, 2007
Port Saint Lucie Fl.
JMO, It will be best to run the cell and put it up front. The pump for the nitrous will not have to push the fuel to the front only pull it back to the motor under WOT. The cell gives you the ability to run race fuel to the nitrous system which will be a safer tune. Rod

Excelerater

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 22, 2003
Memphis,TN
one big pump-the largest you can afford

eldabo

Pro Stocker
Aug 10, 2006
Mobile,Alabama
Race fuel is expensive .Thats why I only buy it a gallon at a time and some times a half of gallon and it lasts for at least 15 runs maybe more I refill when it gets below the foam in the tank. Just to try and be safe I run 115 race fuel one gallon =$8.00 .I drive every were else on 93 punp gas. 10 gallons of race fuel in main tank =$80 bucks( Thats now you know its going to be more later ) its not hard to see that ,that will get costly quick.

eldabo

Pro Stocker
Aug 10, 2006
Mobile,Alabama
Metric, how many liters in a gallon? I ran mixed pump gas and race fuel for a wile and it all ways bugged the crap out of me that when I was through racing that I was just burnnig the good stuff for nothing .

Bigblockguy

Amateur Racer
Feb 8, 2008
ste Anne mb Canada
eldabo said:
Metric, how many liters in a gallon? I ran mixed pump gas and race fuel for a wile and it all ways bugged the crap out of me that when I was through racing that I was just burnnig the good stuff for nothing .

I think the conversion is 4L +1.04 US gallons. So i'm paying around $6 a U.S gallon at the moment. I have a hook up from a friend and just paid $175 for a 55 US gal drum of vp114 WHICH WORKS OUT TO AROUND $3.18 A GALLON!
:D

eldabo

Pro Stocker
Aug 10, 2006
Mobile,Alabama
Dang thats strong I wish I had that hook up .Good luck .

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts