Serpentine belt swap

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
That metal one is the one I originally mentioned.

78ElkySS

Weekend Racer
May 22, 2003
Crestview, FL
Have any of you guys did this conversion with a older system? I bought the 92 setup with the O-ring pump but I have the inverted flare steering box of my 78. Do I have to buy the AN adapters and run custom hoses or is there a stock alternative that i can pick up at Napa? I haven't looked into the A/C compressor yet but i read you can use a live set from a 3.8 car, anyone run into any problems hooking up the A/C? Thanks in advance for any info.

78ElkySS

Weekend Racer
May 22, 2003
Crestview, FL
I am having problems mounting the power steering pump since it is a O-ring fitting and the steering box is a flare fitting so I was looking for info for that problem. The A/C line set i havent even gotten to yet, my 92 serp set up has a Harrison R4 compressor and the rest is stock 78 GM stuff. I read online that you can use 3.8 lines from a later model buick. When i cross that bridge i will post what i find.

383S10

Frequent Racer
Feb 29, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I had the same problem when it came to the power steering......my friend Anthony owns a hydraulic hose shop and all the lines and hoses were done by him as I built the car......Anthony solved it by cutting off the O-ring ends and used a compression fitting that clamps down on the O-ring end and the other to the hydraulic hose rated at 4800 psi.......if you want I can take better closer photos of the hoses he made for my car...........................
utf-8BSU1HMDAwMzktMjAxMDA0MjgtMTYwN.jpg

IMG00027-20100419-2059.jpg

fastrat350

Top Fueler
Oct 25, 2003
South Texas
www.freewebs.com
I'm looking to do the serp. Swap but I would rather keep my manual steering, is there an easy way or bolt in idler I can get to eliminate the power steering pump?

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts