SITE CHANGELOG

GP403

Administrator
Aug 14, 2019
Rolla, MO
MalibuRacing.com
So in an effort to curb the spam registrations* I've put in place an out-and-out BLOCK for IP's from the following countries, as a test to see if it has any detrimental effects.

Russia
China
Ukraine
India
Turkey

Its possible that some of the recorded geo-ip's could be incorrect, so there's a non-zero possibility it might block legit users. Hopefully not.

If anyone finds themselves blocked from the site, please send me an e-mail at: [email protected].

This won't affect Tapatalk traffic, and I'm not sure there's a way to prevent that without shutting down tapatalk entirely. Remains to be seen.

* looking thru recent registrations probably 3/4 or better are just garbage accounts from random places that wouldn't know a Malibu if they saw one.

Reactions: 78elk and melloelky

GP403

Administrator
Aug 14, 2019
Rolla, MO
MalibuRacing.com
Realized I hadn't started one of these here (!) so I better get on it!

- updated to XF2.2
- Themes and addons should be updated as well

if you run into any issues or errors, please email me, PM me, or just reply to this thread.

Lots of new additions to 2.2, including "question" threads. If you start a new thread, you'll see that Polls and Questions are new tabs along with discussion. If you enter something into the "Question" tab, then users will be able to up/down-vote the replies and in theory the correct answer will get pushed to the top of the stack.

Also check your user profiles, you can add a "banner" or cover image now.

There's more but its mostly behind the scenes I think. Some of it I'm still learning about, so stay tuned everyone.

Reactions: 78elk

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!