slew rate

ILLEGAL REGAL

MalibuRacing Junkie
Jan 1, 2005
Tinley Park,IL
I'm hearing both sides to the n2o and slew.. many say you can because it's pulling timing and some say no because they say it's a rev limiter.

CutlassRacer

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 18, 2004
Gainesville, FL
www.facebook.com
None of the cars that I help out with have a data logger. Yeah they are nice, but we have had good success without them. With the Digital 7 you can record your rpm during the run and its pretty easy to see where there is tire spin, especially when you lay the runs over each other and compare a run with no spin vs a run with spin.

We have used the slew rate on an F2 Procharged car that runs 7.70s, a 106mm SBF car that runs 7.80s and a BBC Nitrous car that ran 7.90s before the guy sold it. All of these cars had runs where the "dots" saved them and didnt hurt the engine. All are Drag Radial/Stock Suspension cars.

A

Anonymous

The slew rate was for the pro stockers because they are so exact it will help them go faster because of all the info they have at hand. The way its designed it will only allow you to go as fast as a run you have plotted, before you run so if the track/air is better this run then what? With all of the variables in heads up racing with power adders this becomes a unit that actually will slow you down and not let you find the fastest way down the track. Now if its a true traction control your looking for get one of tobys self learning ones. I might be able to locate a used one if your interested.

ILLEGAL REGAL

MalibuRacing Junkie
Jan 1, 2005
Tinley Park,IL
I found their site.. does it work as well as they claim? And I'd need the more expensive piece with a crank trigger correct?

How cheap do ya usually see them used because if I had to buy new I can't justify it.

CutlassRacer

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 18, 2004
Gainesville, FL
www.facebook.com
Here in FL on these hot summer tracks its practically impossible to get some of these stock suspension cars down the track under full power. My friend Will's BBC/F2 car was "on the dots" for over a second on a few test hits down here and the car still managed to go 5.teens. Getting a car of that nature to repeat should hopefully win him some races. Its been great in testing, time to go racing now :)

A

Anonymous

ILLEGAL REGAL™ said:
I found their site.. does it work as well as they claim? And I'd need the more expensive piece with a crank trigger correct?

How cheap do ya usually see them used because if I had to buy new I can't justify it.

Yes on bracket cars and super class cars they work great.They are just as pricey used.
You don't need one. Ive never used one with nos. You need to dial in a tuneup not look for a bandaid that was designed for something else.

DB

Frequent Racer
Jan 20, 2006
Alabama
Bigtime said:
ILLEGAL REGAL™ said:

Yes on bracket cars and super class cars they work great.They are just as pricey used.
You don't need one. Ive never used one with nos. You need to dial in a tuneup not look for a bandaid that was designed for something else.

Ever tried to dial in a tune-up for a small tire car on a 136 degree track??? More than likely the guy in the other lane with the slew rate will beat you to the line......

You still can tune the car to what the track will hold but the "dots" can save your A55. If you have a killer tuneup in the car on a crappy track the MSD still will not stop tire spin. You still have to adjust the slew rate to what you think the track can hold...if your way off you'll still spin.

I usually put the dots far away from what I think the track will hold. I then go back and move them according to the test info. I have used the box on a buddy's car and it worked so well I'm putting it on my own car now as a backup to my usual boost control and timing control.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!