Smog Ref Passed my LT1 swap!!!

jthawk71

Mar 9, 2008
Fontana Ca
cool.gif Now that I can drive it Ive found a new problem to figure out. 94 fbody lt1/96fbody4l60e /79elco .I sent the ecm off to be reprogrammed at Street and performance (300$!) :( for the trans difference and the r.e. gear change ,but it shifts way too early Im in o.d. @15 mph and if you punch it, it is quick but it still won't let it rev like I know it should. I think it could be that when I have the accutron plugged in it reads way to fast( like 180 when Im doin 70mph) my auto meter reads properly but I programed that. I know the ecm completely controls the trans but I would think it would go off of revs not ground speed.So my ? is does the improper speed data effect my shifting prob?

juicedimpss

Amateur Racer
Jan 13, 2007
Milwaukee Wi
www.clocksoffracing.com
jthawk71 said:
Thanx Juiced I believe you are right my ecm needs to be recalibrated.
if you get tunercat and the cable to pull the file from your pcm you can email it to me and i can try to tweak it for you.

jthawk71

Mar 9, 2008
Fontana Ca
Just an update, I fixed problem w\ 20$ tuner cat program and it took me all of 10 min (it took me longer to drag my desktop out to the car)I sent it out to S&P in Ar to the tune of 350$$ + shipping (before I new I could fix it myself for half of that) and it came back way off ,not to bad mouth those guys, they helped out alot and are very knowledgeable but that experiance added to the many I wished Id done differently in this swap.

juicedimpss

Amateur Racer
Jan 13, 2007
Milwaukee Wi
www.clocksoffracing.com
jthawk71 said:
Just an update, I fixed problem w\ 20$ tuner cat program and it took me all of 10 min (it took me longer to drag my desktop out to the car)I sent it out to S&P in Ar to the tune of 350$$ + shipping (before I new I could fix it myself for half of that) and it came back way off ,not to bad mouth those guys, they helped out alot and are very knowledgeable but that experiance added to the many I wished Id done differently in this swap.
\:D/
good to hear. now you can start tweaking with other tables in there to get the car to run exactly how you want it to.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts