Spohn Front A-Arms....bumpstops?

mean78malibu

Dragway Regular
Mar 15, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA and Philly Area
I just posted this question within another topic and figured I would put it out here also. Has anyone else actually run the Spohn front arms on the track. I have 2" drop spindles and I'm worried about what will happen if the front comes down hard. There are no bump stop provisions and I don't want my tires through the inner fenders or my oil pan to smash into the ground.

This picture is with my old motor but it has the arms for reference:

CIMG0377.jpg

Jordan81

Pro Stocker
Feb 10, 2004
wichita, ks
i know for f-bodies Madman and co make these thing called SYA bars (save your a$$) it keeps your k-member and oil free of arm if you come down too hard from a big wheelstand. i was wondering the other day if someone makes or if someone has made these pieces... seems like a nice precautionary measure. oh... and they are designed to collapse. i know it didn't really give you an answer but i thought i would just throw that out there

TRZ Motorsports

Frequent Racer
Nov 8, 2005
Orlando, FL
www.trzmotorsports.com
seen some guys get some poly bushings from Energy Suspension or Prothane or wherever and bolt them to the frame where the lower control arm would hit the frame should it ever get that far.

BMR Sales

Frequent Racer
Nov 20, 2008
If you have an advance auto in your area they started to carry some energy suspension parts and have jounce bumpers in the "performance" isle for right around $20. They would just require you to drill a hole and bolt them on.

BBC81Malibu

Amateur Racer
Aug 2, 2008
Atlantic City, NJ
I have TRZ front arms, went ahead and got energy susp. bump stop bushings - drilled hole and mounted them to frame where arms would contact - worked out just fine.. (Just like TRZ and BMR said)

mean78malibu

Dragway Regular
Mar 15, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA and Philly Area
BBC81Malibu said:
I have TRZ front arms, went ahead and got energy susp. bump stop bushings - drilled hole and mounted them to frame where arms would contact - worked out just fine.. (Just like TRZ and BMR said)

Cool, I will go ahead and order a set and get them on there just in case 8-[ . Thanks everyone.

Jeff.Mc.KC

Amateur Racer
Jun 11, 2006
Pump Gas Small BlockVille USA
If you mount them use the frame not the flat part of the a-arm they are not tall enought that way, look at mine in Hot Rod Feb Drag Week LOL

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts