Spohn upper control arms for B body spindle use... QUESTIONS

steveshow

Sep 12, 2010
I see on Ebay that Spohn upper control arms available for B body spindle use. Has anyone used these? THey are certainly a lot cheaper than Global West or Hotchkis spindles. I am currently running a set of Bell tech 2" drop spindles and stock 10.5" brakes, which barley stop the car. I wonder if the ride height will be about the same with Spohn/ Global West/ Hotchkis upper arms, B body spindles, or do i need to find lowered B body spindles. I see Bell Tech makes these as well, but mentions that they will not work with 17" Impala SS wheels. I am currently running 17" MB wheels all around...

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Re: Spohn upper control arms for B body spindle use... QUEST

Let me preface by saying there's nothing "wrong" with the Spohn arms. Are they cheaper? Yes. Are they the same? No. You really do get what you pay for. It all depends on what you intend to do. I'd want something a little more substantially built for a road course/ heavily street driven car, but I overbuild everything. To just cruise or street/strip, I'd say go for it.

Tommy

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY

You can use 17" wheels with b-body spindles, the B-body drop spindles for 94-96 Impala SS wont allow you to use the factory wheels, they will hit on the fender of a b-body. If you're looking for drop B-body spindles those are your only choice. They will work fine using the 1LE rotors for a early 90's Camaro. To use the b-body a-arms, you MUST use B-body spindles, either factory or aftermarket drop spindles. HTH

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY

Where's the like button? :D

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts