Steel Concepts m/c kit

A

Anonymous

I am looking into getting a Steel Concepts g-body m/c kit. I've seen some posts on here about not needing the stock prop. valve & something about needing residual valves also when using Travis' kit. I just want to make sure I do this right the first time. Any input would be appreciated.
78' Malibu w/ stock front discs & rear drums (Moser 9")
Thanks, Heavy :D

A

Anonymous

heavy duty said:
I am looking into getting a Steel Concepts g-body m/c kit. I've seen some posts on here about not needing the stock prop. valve & something about needing residual valves also when using Travis' kit. I just want to make sure I do this right the first time. Any input would be appreciated.
78' Malibu w/ stock front discs & rear drums (Moser 9")
Thanks, Heavy :D

with there kit you can't go wrong... if your running disc/disc front and rear with his kit theres no need for proportioning valves.....but if your running a disc/drum them you'll need a residual valve for the rear.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply Razor, do you know what lb. valve(s) I would need?

A

Anonymous

heavy duty said:
Thanks for the reply Razor, do you know what lb. valve(s) I would need?

You will need one ten lb. residual valve for the line going to the rear drums. You can get one at Summit for about $20. I am sure Jegs sells them too but I don't deal with them.

I am doing this swap in a few weeks myself. The m/c kit and the valve are sitting at my house waiting for me. 8)

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts