t-brake

darius smith

Amateur Racer
Jul 12, 2006
fort valley, ga
what gains can i expect by installing a trans brake. i thought converter flash was the same as holding the converter against a t-brake. and why do a t-brake car leaves harder than a footbrake if both hit the converter say for instance at 5000.

A

Anonymous

my experience has been that a good foot brake car will go just as fast as a t brake car for the most part...maybe pick up .05 (which can come and go for a multitude of reasons :D )

what it really seems to help in my experience is consisencey. being that if you use a two step you leave with your foot on the floor everytime and you should leave off the light the same way every time..(in theory :D )

A

Anonymous

a trans brake is more consistent than f/b. you, in theory, leave at the same time every time depending on when you let off the trans brake button. your 60', 1/8th and 1/4 should pick up at least a tenth if not 2 tenths with a trans brake over a foot brake. my car has line lock for the brakes and a trans brake so i can do either depending on what class i wanna hang with. lol.

eharley_1

Daily Driver
Jan 10, 2009
a t-brake really helps with consistancy ,as far as et gains maybe if your suspension is 100% dialed in and u don't unload the tires. alot of footbrake cars can 60ft just as good as a t-brake car. a t-brake car does launch alot more violent . I put a t-brake in my bu and did not pick up any et. but my rt's were awsome.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts