T56 Conversion

Killerdave8813

Dragway Regular
Jan 16, 2008
Cincinnati,Ohio
t5montecarlo said:
400 dollar flywheel?

Yep that's what a conversion fylywheel for an internal balanced,2 pc rear main conversion to a T56 with the back asward
pull clutch set up costs,apparently if I had a later model 1pc main engine the LT1 flywheel would have worked just fine,
Oh well such is life!! KillerDave

80ECLT

MalibuRacing Junkie
Nov 21, 2006
Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin
Killerdave8813 said:
t5montecarlo said:
400 dollar flywheel?

Yep that's what a conversion fylywheel for an internal balanced,2 pc rear main conversion to a T56 with the back asward
pull clutch set up costs,apparently if I had a later model 1pc main engine the LT1 flywheel would have worked just fine,
Oh well such is life!! KillerDave

Meah?? :-s

malibu795

Pro Stocker
Apr 17, 2005
spgfd ohio
U saw mine dave. The bell houseing is a lakewood and the have them to bolt up for mech linkage or hyd

Killerdave8813

Dragway Regular
Jan 16, 2008
Cincinnati,Ohio
Hey T5,
From what I gathered on using an adapter plate you have to change to the longer Viper input shaft to compensate for the thickness of the adapter plate,besides I got everything including the master cyl,braided hose,slave and then the flywheel back,
eventhough the clutch works backward it seems like a pretty good set up as I don't remember hearing anything bad about them,
and like I said If I had the later engine I could use the LT1 flywheel,I got a pretty decent deal on it and well I didn't like the fact I had to buy an expensive flywheel it was either that or a special bellhousing as Wildman is suggesting or the adapter plate or sell this one and you can buy one for a couple grand give or take that'll slide right in there so since this one (T56) is destined to be
behind a daily driver engine (Tuned Port 267,stock 6 for now) I decided to go with the flywheel as I think it should work just fine and It kinda adds up to one of those six of one,half dozen of the other kinda deals,when you modify cars it's going to cost you money and that's really all there is to it!! Thanks for the suggestions though!! KillerDave

Killerdave8813

Dragway Regular
Jan 16, 2008
Cincinnati,Ohio
Yea I've got everything except time right now,hopefully I'll be able to tackle it sometime in March or April after Winter is over,I don't have a big garage but could put the 81 outside under cover for a couple weeks but I havn't had the extra energy as I'm in Truck Equipment,you know snow plows,salt spreaders and that sort of thng so when I've been getting home this season I'm done!!
Especially since Winter started about a month early!! Later,Dave

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!