Tire softener??

flatblack79

Pro Stocker
Feb 28, 2010
Stockbridge, Georgia
Ive heard that if u soak your tires in bleach and moth balls for like 3-4 hours that it will soften your tires. Im supposed to run a "hard radial street tire" but it wont be fun if im not cheating because i dont know if my car will hook up. Has anyone heard of this or tried it?

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Bleach & moth balls? I got $20.00 whoever told you that myth is more than 40 years old. :lol: Cholrine bleach will RUIN your tires. It oxidizes & eats the rubber. That's why you don't use it in a toilet tank, unless you want to replace all the seals each month...

Tommy

flatblack79

Pro Stocker
Feb 28, 2010
Stockbridge, Georgia
LS6 Tommy said:
Bleach & moth balls? I got $20.00 whoever told you that myth is more than 40 years old. :lol: Cholrine bleach will RUIN your tires. It oxidizes & eats the rubber. That's why you don't use it in a toilet tank, unless you want to replace all the seals each month...

Tommy

yeah he was like 50. So should i not do that.

TNTS79

Dragway Regular
Jan 6, 2006
Illiniois
Oh boy... =D>

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
flatblack79 said:

He's remembering the old days when they poured bleach out in the burnout pit to make a great smoke show. It probably does soften the tires, but when you're only running them for one pass for a photo shoot, who cares?

Tommy

Ole yeller

Amateur Racer
Jun 10, 2008
San Leon TX
brake fluid works good too. :lol:

flatblack79

Pro Stocker
Feb 28, 2010
Stockbridge, Georgia
LS6 Tommy said:
flatblack79 said:

He's remembering the old days when they poured bleach out in the burnout pit to make a great smoke show. It probably does soften the tires, but when you're only running them for one pass for a photo shoot, who cares?

Tommy

Yea i knew that bleach made a nice burnout, idk why i didnt think of that and how that wouldnt work. I guess i can find some softner that like circle track racers use or something like that.

red barn

Frequent Racer
Mar 5, 2007
Syracuse, NY
flatblack79 said:
Yea i knew that bleach made a nice burnout, idk why i didnt think of that and how that wouldnt work. I guess i can find some softner that like circle track racers use or something like that.

That will help. Another trick to do in conjunction with that is small holes in the tread. Kinda of like snow tires have all of the little cuts. The tread can stick and move a little with the track.

flatblack79

Pro Stocker
Feb 28, 2010
Stockbridge, Georgia
Ive also heard that when you do a burn out with street tires they get slippy instead of sticky. can anyone confirm or deny that :?: Im running BFG ta street radials

alowerlevel

Frequent Racer
May 30, 2008
South Jersey 08109
flatblack79 said:
Ive also heard that when you do a burn out with street tires they get slippy instead of sticky. can anyone confirm or deny that :?:
Yup, should only spin them enough to clean all the crap off them.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts