Tires rubbing

powerstroke

Daily Driver
Jul 30, 2008
Franklin, ohio
I have 1981 Malibu with a 10 bolt and i can't seem to find a cheap way to get my rear tires to quit rubbing . I'm running a 275x 60 x15, 3.5 back spacing air bag on the passenger side rolled both wheel opening lips and also tried coil spring spacing blocks . still they rub. I'm trying not to have to buy new wheel right not plus it hooks real good the way it set . This all new to me I've only had the car a few weeks. :(

TNTS79

Dragway Regular
Jan 6, 2006
Illiniois
Where are they rubbing? Wheel wells, frame rail etc...??

powerstroke

Daily Driver
Jul 30, 2008
Franklin, ohio
I'm sorry . The lip of the fender wells rub the side wall . I think the only thing i can do at this point is change the back spacing. yea more money ! That should maker happy.

Supe

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Charlotte, NC
Do they rub on launch or on the turns? How low does the car sit? Those should fit unless the car is in the weeds. A 4.5" backspacing will hit the frame rail.

powerstroke

Daily Driver
Jul 30, 2008
Franklin, ohio
Stock ride high rubs mostly on the driver side just normal driving . Rubs harder when you hit a bump. I wounder if the springs are just wore out ?

A

Anonymous

i have 3.75 in bs with 15x8 275/60-15 on my wagon, they dont rub anywhere... maybe your springs are weak, or your control arm bushings are wore out and the rear end is walking around alittle... :-k

powerstroke

Daily Driver
Jul 30, 2008
Franklin, ohio
I think i just need to find a wheel with a 4" off set . I'm also going to try and roll the lip a little more . What do you guys think about air bags on both sides?

A

Anonymous

try these tey are cheaper than new springs www.wolferacecraft.com/detail.aspx?ID=849

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts