Back tires rubbing 255/60/15 Stock Suspension

Maxim

Daily Driver
Aug 5, 2011
I just installed new wheels and new tires yesterday night. On the drive home, I notice my back tires would rub when I hit hard bumps, to the point where it actually cut out a bit of rubber on the side of the tire. Not much, but still, not anything I want happening to brand new tires. The wheels are 8" wide and they have 4" backspacing. Tire is 255/60/r15 in the back and those are the ones that are rubbing. Front are 235/60/r15, but those don't rub, they're perfect. Any suggestions?

IMAG0191.jpg

IMAG0190.jpg

IMAG0188.jpg

Any help would be appreciated.

madmaxx57

Amateur Racer
Oct 5, 2010
DURAND IL
maxim, if you havent already..i would roll the lip on the wheel wells..then they might not cut the tire...but dam i'm thinking those shouldnt be rubbing..hmm..well if you roll the lip it might get you enough clearance so that dont rub...its worth a shot..btw..looks good!!

Maxim

Daily Driver
Aug 5, 2011
Thanks! I'm gonna try rolling the lip and see what happens. Also, this rubbing was happening on my way back from putting on the tires and I had all old rims and tires in the trunk, so the trunk was being weighed down a bit. But still, I don't wanna worry about cutting my wheels every time I put something in the trunk. My suspension may be getting a little soft in the back so I'm gonna look into that. Tomorrow I'm getting the windows tinted and this week installing my transmission cooler. I'm hoping just the rolling of the lip will solve the problem. Thanks!

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts