TnT but no boom

Ed Cannon

Pro Stocker
Jul 17, 2009
Johnson City Tn
Cool man! Just to let you know. With my mods I got my 60 ft down to 1.601. Made 3 runs had a 1.60 on 2 of them, thats on a non prepped track.. I added 18 lbs to my air bag like you said. Im happy!

cutlass389

Frequent Racer
Feb 2, 2009
NC
Nice job Ed. I run anywhere from 18-22 in my right bag, usually about 20. If your 60 came down a tenth then your ET should've dropped almost 2 tenths. \:D/ Hey Barney, according to DRR I see that Michael Beard and Chip Johnson are headed your way this weekend. They're bad hombres, stay on your toes. 8)

Ed Cannon

Pro Stocker
Jul 17, 2009
Johnson City Tn
My 8th et dropped to low 7.5's, was 7.7 but my 1/4 mile time only dropped a tenth. Went 11.96 @111. My light weight buddy got it to go 11.93 last year. I was only ever able to get 12.0s and teen's last year. I guess a little more tuning is in order. Planning on spraying it next week with 100 to start, and see what that does. Going to do some bracket racing this Saturday (trophy class for street cars) my first one, Im stoked.

cutlass389

Frequent Racer
Feb 2, 2009
NC
I was referring to 1/8mi with the 2 tenths(all I've ever run :( ). Good luck on the bracket race. It's really easy, dial hard, cut a tight light, and BE READY TO GET ON THE BRAKES. If you do brake and messup the ET number for reference, use the incrementals for help dialing the next round. Watch the temp and humidity too. Don't change ANYTHING except maybe front tire pressure for help on the tree.

cutlass389

Frequent Racer
Feb 2, 2009
NC
After my first race debaucle I made some minor changes(mostly neglected maintenance :oops: ) and I think [-o< I found the culprit-debris in the front needle and seat. Thought I was done testing but went Sunday to see if all was well. Unfortunately it ran so good that I picked up a tenth. Gonna' throw my data off. Ran a 7.546, the quickest of the year so far with essentially the same mph. Air was good with a heckuva tail wind. Only real "change" I made was installing a stripe taker to try to reduce the impact of "sudden stripe driving syndrome". Near as I can tell, it picked up 1 number in the 60', 3 in the 330', and 5 in the 660'. Might make me harder to judge as it's fairly hard to see 8) . Anyway, the point is that it ran perfectly all five passes so appears to be fixed for race #2 this Saturday.

cutlass389

Frequent Racer
Feb 2, 2009
NC
Well, race got rained out after making four passes. Won the first two rounds but " it didn't happen". Ran a 7.674, 7.674, 7.669 back-to-back so I guess it's fixed. Now just gotta' fix the monkey behind the wheel.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts