Torque converter identity

A

Anonymous

Ok so i was told the tc in my car when i bought it was a 4200 stall , no doubt thats what it is , but my question is how do i know who it was made by ??

the only numbers on it are E24 , it's a 9 or 10 '' it's blue thats as far as it goes .

I've looked and looked with no luck , when i google the words torque converter and e24 i get a bunch a bmw stuff .

I want to sell it as i want a smaller stall with lockup , it's on a 700r4 , but i don't want to put it out there not even knowing what brand it is .

Any help would be greatly appreciated , thanks in advance .

SSJohnny

mean78malibu

Dragway Regular
Mar 15, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA and Philly Area
That's a tough one. I have 3 Coan converters and I would never know the difference if they weren't in boxes. The serial numbers are there but there is no way to tell the brand.

A

Anonymous

](*,) I wouldn't be a bad guy if i sold giving the same info i got would i ??

Actually i was told the car had a th400 the last 2 owners thought so anyway , turned out to be a 700 though .

I might just hold onto it never know what kinda toys i might come across , thanks anyway .

mean78malibu

Dragway Regular
Mar 15, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA and Philly Area
You might want to look up B&M Part numbers if it is blue. I just sold one that was a darker blue color and it was a B&M. Thats all I can think of for now.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your input , i looked at every company i know of and found nothing .

Believe me if i ask a question i usually have already exhausted my brain surfing the net for answers .

It's a ford like blue , almost like someone spray painted it .

Oh well ..... thanks for your help mean78 .

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!