TRZ Adjustable rear suspension

jmerc

Amateur Racer
Sep 23, 2009
staten island, ny
First off let me thank the guys at TRZ and CutlasRacer for all they have done getting me setup with my rear suspension components. I just recieved my double adjustable uppers, double adjustable lowers, spherical bearings, ARB, and QA1 adjustable shocks. The stuff looks great and Im totaly psyched about getting it all installed. What I failed to realize untill now was that the setup didnt include new nuts and bolts so before I start installing stuff Im going to get all new hardware. Anyone know what type of hardware I should use? Ill be replacing the bolts for the top and bottom of the upper controll arms and the as well as the top and bottom bolts for the lowers. Hey TRZ guys heres your chance to come out with a top grade hardware kit. LOL. Ill post pics whan Im done.

454mali

Dragway Regular
Jan 26, 2006
Cleveland OH
1/2" grade 8

You have to slightly enlarge the holes in the frame/housing

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
your orginal hardware is 12 mm,just make the upgrade to the grade 8 half inch like 454 said so you can pick it up anywhere almost.

jmerc

Amateur Racer
Sep 23, 2009
staten island, ny
The stuff looks great Im glad I went with the TRZ products. Although Im sure the others reccomended would have served the purpose Im happy I went in the direction I did. Thanks again Kevin for the help and the break. Im in the process of installing the arms and have to run to the hardware store for the bolts but let me tell you what a job it was getting the old stuff out. Damn............Especially the bushing on the rearend housing. Well one sides all out and I thnk i have a few shortcuts for the other side so hopefully it wont be so bad but the weather seems to be cooperating and the spring like weather always makes it easier to work. Thanks again to all., john

TRZ Motorsports

Frequent Racer
Nov 8, 2005
Orlando, FL
www.trzmotorsports.com
Yeah, just use 1/2" grade 8 stuff. Available at a local Ace Hardware or similar Hardware store. We could supply them, and have when people ask, but most people are fine with running to the hardware store to get them themselves.

Getting those stock rubber bushings out does SUCK! Share your possible shortcuts please!

Glad you like the stuff. Feel free to give us or Kevin a call regarding shock settings once you're ready to get to the track.

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
are those spherical bearings any good on the street or is it a bad ride option?

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
malibuj said:
Have them on my car...
don't even notice them on the street....
Hope that helps....
how long have you been running them if i may ask?

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts