Tubeular or boxed control arms???

80malibucoup

Frequent Racer
Feb 8, 2011
Jonesboro,Ga
I'm looking to upgrade my rear control armset up. I'm doing a rear end swap on my Malibu,from a 7.5 with 373 gear to a 8.5 with 342,later to be upgraded also to 373 c clip elim,eton posi,and better axels. I just need a good direction to what would be a better set up out back. The car is a street/strip car. 70%street and 30% strip. Around a 400+ hp car,full inter,small block,if any of that helps. Oh and what bushings would be the best?

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
80malibucoup said:
Whats the advantage to adjustable?
you can adjust the pinon angle with the use of adjustable upper control arms. very good way to tune the set up in the rear of your car.as far as the shape of the control arms you go with,anythings better than than the stock ones.i've had boxed and tubular arms with good luck.if your handy with a welder you could box your stock ones and replace the bushings too.i dig aftermarket arms they are a good investment in planting your tires

abigda

Frequent Racer
May 19, 2007
Springfield, MA
Stay away from poly bushings, they bind up the rear too much. I went with tubular arms from UMI with thier Roto joints, work great

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
abigda said:
Stay away from poly bushings, they bind up the rear too much. I went with tubular arms from UMI with thier Roto joints, work great
x2 on the roto joints i have them in my uppers in the rear they are like butter!alrite!

80malibucoup

Frequent Racer
Feb 8, 2011
Jonesboro,Ga
So roto are the way to go. There good for street/stip?? With my Grand national rear end do i have to shorten my drive shaft?I'm running a 350 trans with a 6" tail.

Al

Pro Stocker
May 25, 2003
Harker Heights, TX
The driveshaft needs shortened an inch from the 7.5" length. I had to drive a ridiculous distance just to find a shop that does driveshafts.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts