Turbo or Supercharger?

A

Anonymous

What about the new "twin scrolling" (i think that's it) turbo's they are making now?
I'm not the most technical guy so don't kill me too much. I don't know if they are making them any larger, but there is a guy in PA that has a 2008 Mini Cooper S that is running real good times with his little pocket rocket. I think his best pass was in the mid 10's and the car looks stock. I wish I could find his site now but if I find it I will post it up.
The thing is, he has a little single turbo that pushes close to 14 lbs of boost at 1600 RPM!!! Now that is crazy!!! It must be one heck of a stop light warrior. His max boost is only 22 and he is making more than 1/2 of his boost at 1600 RPM!!!! It would be super crazy if that could be done on a SBC or BBC for that matter. Maybe it can but I wouldn't know how :)
Most of you seem way above my level of knowledge so I am probably not saying anything new but I loved reading the thread anyway.

just plain john

Daily Driver
Jul 22, 2008
Pasadena TX
Re:

MyBU said:
This car has to be streetable, yet potent. So id say probably about 500hp would do the trick on a $4000 budget if I go naturally aspirated.

I dont really know if I need a power adder though.

What components could I use to make if not, close to 500hp?
Whatever happened to this guys original question? If he ever decided to build one type (NA, NOS, turbo blower) I must have missed it.

Jordan81

Pro Stocker
Feb 10, 2004
wichita, ks
this thread just will not die. it reminds me of a p*rn thread on yellowbullet lmao!

justwhisen

Oct 16, 2010
ok so I have just started thinking about turbos in a serious light. My foundation is a 355 with aluminum heads and I was thinking since I am not running a lot of compression and am only going to the track twice a year at the most, I thought that this set-up would get me introduced to the turbo world. what do you guys think?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHEVY-SMALL-BLOCK-TWIN-TURBO-KIT-NOVA-CAMARO-IMPALA-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQfitsZMakeQ3aChevroletQ7cYearQ3a1978QQhashZitem335ff72c14QQitemZ220653366292QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Yeah... I'd say that kit is ok for the plumbing, but I wouldn't use he included turbos. I was reading about a turbo build (can scan it if you want it), and the waetegate wasn't opening fast enoug and overboosting the engine. They replaced it and it ran a lot better, but still didn't run up to its potential because of the cheap turbos.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts