Turbo vs Supercharger?

black turbo c5

Oct 15, 2010
There's alway's a big debate which is better there's downfall 's to both setup's me personaly turbo no doubt but i usually build all my own stuff so i can do a turbo kit for a facton of the cost . Once you go turbo and feel the power you'll know you made a good choice.

abigda

Frequent Racer
May 19, 2007
Springfield, MA
Maybe more the beginning if I had to choose since big block are better at the end of a race then beginning.[/quote

How do you figure that? Big blocks are all torque, torque is what gets you moving off the line. HP Is What keeps you moving...... Both of what your talking about is big money, personally I like blowers myself BC I like the whine and huge blower sticking out of the hood. But that my preference... Turbos can be street friendly, and make huge power. But is alot of Fab work for inexperienced builders

monte ss496

Dragway Regular
May 23, 2010
western mass
this cracks me up since my big block will rev to 7200 just like a small block!!!!

abigda

Frequent Racer
May 19, 2007
Springfield, MA
monte ss496 said:
this cracks me up since my big block will rev to 7200 just like a small block!!!!

Yo still nothing wrong with a big whinny 8-71 popping out of the hood thou LOL...... I Don't have the stones to take mine that high, she's currently chipped at 6200

Overkill

Daily Driver
Apr 27, 2009
Damascus, MD
Both have good points and bad points. Blower definately is easier to get on the car and running and they sound much nastier IMO, basically a blower can be a bolt on build, where turbo takes some fabricating normally which adds some cost. But, I really like the ability to completely control boost from the cockpit, makes turbos much better for me using a boost controller like the AMS 500 or 1000, you can go from 0 to as much as your turbos will make in however long you want. Blowers you may be able to change the tune a little from the cockpit, but if you are going to make larger boost changes its going to be changing the pulleys and belts.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts