V6 Burnouts?

blown 78

Dragway Regular
Dec 10, 2007
South Portland, Maine
simple fix just install the following.....
big_block-255x229.jpg

kuruption109

Dragway Regular
Sep 14, 2009
highland, ca
I do it like it aint no tomorrow in my 81 wit the stock 229 and 3 speed trans just throw it in 1st gear hold clutch down and rev it up the release clutch and my car burns rubber pretty goo chk out my you toube vieo @ kuruption109

malibu101

Frequent Racer
May 22, 2003
Walnutport PA
doubleomalibu said:
no offense to anyone but I always thought using bleach was the lamest thing to do
I too have heard of doing burnouts in a bleach puddle but don't know why you would want to. Clean tire tread?
If you need some kind of lubricant to start a burnout-You shouldn't be doing burnouts in the first place.

bukweet

Top Fueler
Mar 22, 2005
Mississippi Gulf Coast
Just because I'm old and used to race at an old concrete airport dragstrip back late 60's early 70's when the "bleach burnout" fad got started I'd like to clarify what some of us teenaged racers on a budget figured out....there was no bleach in those bleach bottles the touring pro's used! :shock:
At least not most of 'em. Like was said above that stuff would eat a custom paint job and the paint on the pro's cars were always lookin' good.
There were no water boxes, no pressure sprayers for cheap so a bleach bottle would be the best thing for taking enough water to the line for your burnouts. Easy to fill, carry, pour and store.
I'd bet Clorox and Purex were thrilled with the fad.
I'm sure there will be a lot of contridictions but that's what we discovered "back in the day".

bukweet

chop57

Frequent Racer
Oct 26, 2008
g-town mass
im kinda surprised you cant spin em
my old 229 v6 was a tire fryer, you gotta heel-toe that baby party_guitar.gif

bukweet

Top Fueler
Mar 22, 2005
Mississippi Gulf Coast
chop57 said:
you gotta heel-toe that baby party_guitar.gif

Kind of hard to do with a stick.

Not impossible but you still have to be pretty quick with the feet.

bukweet

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts