Valve cover breathers or.....

wagonmaster

Weekend Racer
Aug 30, 2004
Green Bay, WI
Need some help with this one and looking for guys that have actually tried and failed or yup, this way worked well. I am looking at one of two choices. I really don't want to run a e-vac system to the headers. :-k

A) run a breather in each valve cover (very cost effective but Oil leaks???)

B) run a hose from each cover to a single breather on the fire wall, fender, etc. (works good but costly)

I would appreciate any help guys!

Thanks,
Randy

A

Anonymous

I'm not racing mine, just street driving and a little hot rodding, and I run one breather in the drivers side cover and a pcv valve in the passenger side cover.

I tried both breathers and didn't like losing some oil out the passenger side back dripping onto the headers.

The pcv works great.

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
I've thought about asking such question, but of course haven't :p

Since I have plans to remove the A/C box, and running a line from the would-be breather and PCV to a vent canister.
sum-g1504.jpg

toxicbu

Frequent Racer
Feb 25, 2009
romeoville il
i drag race my malibu i tryed the e-vac to the headers, did not work for me,i kept on blowing oil out the dip stick tube,allso the pvc , so i whent with the vent canister and to this day i have no more oil problems,if you are drag racing then i would get one ,take the breather off and seal the rim around the bottem with r t v sealint this will stop the oil leak on your valve covers and headers

redneckerson

Frequent Racer
Nov 20, 2007
Kansas City Area
Last year in my BBC, I ran dual breathers on Moroso valve covers, the holes for the breathers were on the bottom portion of the valve cover and they gathered / leaked oil from the breather. This winter I put a set of Milodon valve covers on with the breather holes at the top of the valve cover, after 7 passes last Saturday, no more leak. dancin_banana.gif

red barn

Frequent Racer
Mar 5, 2007
Syracuse, NY
Evacs don't work with mufflers. I run an open breather in each side and use the baffle from Wysco. http://www.jegs.com/p/Wysco/761137/10002/-1. I haven't had any issues yet

Wagon76.jpg

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts