VP vs Rockett race fuel???

A

Anonymous

boyzbadUsed to be cheap on my fuel choice but once you get a bad batch of alky you'll regret it. Good alky is gonna cost you at least $3 a gal.[/quote said:
never heard of someone getting a bad batch before.. if your paying $3 a gal, your getting hosed hard!! even when gas, race fuel was going thru the roof last season never paid over $2.10 a gallon here.......BUT i seen it as high as $4.00 a gal. in Cali...

boyzbad

Top Fueler
Jul 28, 2004
Olathe, Ks
Razor what brand you running for fuel and lube?
There are a bunch of different grades of methanol. Lots of companies claim to have 99.9 pure blah blah when they don't even manufacter their own. Heck Ican get some alky in town for .50 a gal. but it will not be kind to metal or rubber. I used to run some that was costing 70 a drum. One batch of that stuff ruined my carb and fuel system. It was very corrosive and lots of deposits everywhere. Since that experience I have only run VP methanol and Klotz lube. Last year it was 160 a durm with no core as VP doesn't care for their drums back, but they do gaurantee all their fuels from a sealed drum. I can leave that stuff in all season and have had zero issues. The Klotz is a little gummy if you let it sit but at least it's doing it's job coating everything.

boyzbad

Top Fueler
Jul 28, 2004
Olathe, Ks
Todd where is the nearest VP distributor from that shop? The person in Topeka, KS I buy my fuel from gets it from Manhattan VP location. Maybe thats why it's so high cause 3 people have marked it up! PM if you want and I can call to possibly compare pricing. Everyone around town here sells the stuff at different prices higher than from VP "published price". Not sure why?

10secBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Westminster, MD
boyzbad said:
Todd where is the nearest VP distributor from that shop? The person in Topeka, KS I buy my fuel from gets it from Manhattan VP location. Maybe thats why it's so high cause 3 people have marked it up! PM if you want and I can call to possibly compare pricing. Everyone around town here sells the stuff at different prices higher than from VP "published price". Not sure why?

Looking at VP's site, I'd guess Delaware is the closest to here.

I want to buy from the local speed shop as they host the racing series I run and I feel it's a give & take situation. We need to support each other.

I'm not really complaining about the costs as they haven't announced them yet. Basically the speed shop doesn't like VP's pricing and was looking out for us racers in trying to find a more reasonable cost alternative.

boyzbad

Top Fueler
Jul 28, 2004
Olathe, Ks
Ah well I do know that VP is very picky on being a dealer. I tried but they want a store front and $2500 in inventory all the time. I agree with the support end and I think it sucks that they won't give a brake to the speed shop especially since it sounds like everyone runs the fuel.

A

Anonymous

boyzbad said:
Razor what brand you running for fuel and lube?
There are a bunch of different grades of methanol. Lots of companies claim to have 99.9 pure blah blah when they don't even manufacter their own. Heck Ican get some alky in town for .50 a gal. but it will not be kind to metal or rubber. I used to run some that was costing 70 a drum. One batch of that stuff ruined my carb and fuel system. It was very corrosive and lots of deposits everywhere. Since that experience I have only run VP methanol and Klotz lube. Last year it was 160 a durm with no core as VP doesn't care for their drums back, but they do gaurantee all their fuels from a sealed drum. I can leave that stuff in all season and have had zero issues. The Klotz is a little gummy if you let it sit but at least it's doing it's job coating everything.

Boyzbad ..... i'm not quite sure what the brand is but i know he did tell me it was the higher grade as he supplies about 80% of the racers at the track...asfor lube i used to use Klotz myself but for the price of buying the drum from the supplier he add's it to the drum and choice of scent for $120.00 a drum....i do know that when i get my drum without scent add'd the akly is pink in color.....
i have also run VP's alky from another dealer in Toledo with lube for $135.00 a drum.. actually getting ready to place an order for 2-3 drums here shortly...i can find out the exact's then and pass it on..

A

Anonymous

hey 10 second what shop u workin withand what was your price last year? we only have one down here in the dc area and they are price gougers to the maxx. they have no local competion and they know it.

10secBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Westminster, MD
mountain motor bu' said:
hey 10 second what shop u workin withand what was your price last year? we only have one down here in the dc area and they are price gougers to the maxx. they have no local competion and they know it.

The shop I'm gonna buy fuel from is Maryland Performance in Gaithersburg. A friend of mine that also lives here in Westminster manages the place.

301-258-8883 Ask for Matt.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts