What newer wiper blades to use? Some will hit hood

HellCamino

Dragway Regular
Dec 13, 2003
The Dog House
I use my Camino for daily driving in the Oregon winter and I need something good. Plenty of rain here.

I'd like to try some of the newer types but don't know if they'll fit. I tried some of the newer types about 2 years ago but when mounted the stock arms had problems clearing my hood. No I don't remember what type or brand they were.

If I can't find any I'm gunna have to go back to worked only so so. Anco AeroVantage 91-18

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
is it a length issue?if so just match the last two numbers on the end of your the part number to what length your looking for.example-you've been using a 91-18,if you need a 16" blade go with a 91-16.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
They're not aero or specifically winter blades, but I used Bosch Micro Edge IIs forever before switching to the newer Bosch Icon blades. I think the Excel+ blades will fit, too. They're supposed to be one step above the Micro Edge IIs I used to get.

Tommy

1981Regal

Dragway Regular
Mar 10, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio
Make a paste out of barkeepers friend mixed with water. I mixed it on the thicker side but still easy to apply. Polish the window with it then rinse well and dry with soft cloth. Apply some rainx or get the orange winshield rainx mix to put in the washer bottle. You will be ready for wet stuff with some snow blades. I did this and hardly ever use the wipers.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
The orange Rain-X stuff stains light colored paint. I'd avoid it like the plague... If you can find it, Rain-X also makes washer fluid additive. Goes right in the washer bottle with the normal $.99 cheapie blue wash. 4oz/gallon of washer fluid. Works just as good as the regular Rain-X. Best of all, it doesn't make the wipers chatter in misty conditions & you don't wear out your elbows polishing the glass. I only use the regular stuff on the side & back glass.

Tommy

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Datsit! I get mine at the local speed shop.

Tommy

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!