What to do now?

A

Anonymous

Ok here is a little back log.

I bought a 5.3 from Brad Stoval Auto Salvage, it had a cracked head. Charlie from BSAS sent another engine with good heads, said to keep it. This is great. This morning I get a call from Brian at BSAS, he said that Charlie was fired and they need the short block with the bad heads back. lame_sign.gif What gives? curse_sign.gif Any recomendations? ](*,)

bowtie81

Mar 28, 2008
sarnia, ontario canada
do you have anything in writing saying to keep the first engine? if so you keep it

A

Anonymous

The first engine was complete engine and trans. The second engine Charlie sent was a short block, oil pan to heads no acc, over the phone Charlie said to keep it all just in case. I swapped the heads from the second to the first, now Brian wants the second engine back with the cracked head from the first engine. I paid cash and picked up the first engine, Charlie sent the second and even paid freight. Now Charlie was fired and Brian wants the second short block with the bad heads from the first engine. I hope this isn't as confusing to read as it was to type.

rjleiker

Amateur Racer
Sep 24, 2008
Derby, KS
If you never plan on dealing with them for a long time in the future, then I say, they've already reconciled it on they're end by firing the guy. Obviously it is the companies bad management that is costing them. Unless you are feeling really generous and they are willing to pay for ALL the shipping, then don't worry about it. I usually like to be the nice guy, but it is their mistake, not yours, and the guy got fired. They really can't go back on a customer service move like that, that's part of running a good business. It's your call really. If you deal with them constantly, then you might consider sending it back to try to save face.

A

Anonymous

Well i guess i will be the bigger person here. O:) Brian is paying freight and sending a straight truck with a lift gate, i will have it crated for them on Monday. I guess it's a good thing I didn't sell for parts money after all.

lessons in life.

If something seems to good to be true... it usually is.

80superbu

Pro Stocker
Oct 2, 2005
Colorado springs, CO
You're not really out anything so it shouldn't be a huge deal. Can't blame a business for wanting their stuff. Wonder how many other "Good deals' ole Charlie did before he was canned? shrug.gif

STROKER

Frequent Racer
Aug 17, 2004
SOUTH FLORIDA
feel good about yourself, you're doing the right thing. a lot of small bussinesses are struggling to stay afloat.i believe what goes around comes around. =D> more people should be like you

Stangboy

Dragway Regular
Jan 27, 2004
Ky
Your a better person than I would have been. A persons word should be good he said to keep it...

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts