Wheel bolt pattern

boostedwagon

Weekend Racer
Mar 16, 2009
chicago, IL
I have a 79 bu wagon and I already have greg welds for it, but I also want a set of 17" for cruising. There are some wheels that I really like that are more import style so there bolt pattern is listed in mm. How does that effect my wheel selection for my wagon. Any help would be awesome.

alowerlevel

Frequent Racer
May 30, 2008
South Jersey 08109
5 x 4.75in = 5 x 120.7mm

boostedwagon

Weekend Racer
Mar 16, 2009
chicago, IL
alright, so I should be able to sqeeze a 5 x 120 on my wagon then right might have to open the wheels a tiny tiny bit. Whats the bolt pattern on the new GTO cause I see wheels listed for it in the 5x120 and in the 5x4.75????

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
G-bodies are lug centric. The lug nuts center the wheels on the hubs. Import cars are often hub centric, the hub centers the wheel. .7 mm is enough to put the wheel offcenter, especially if you try to mod the wheel to get it to fit. I know people that have tried to use metric wheels. You may go nuts trying to get the "out of balance wheel" fixed, just like they did. I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm just letting you know of the potential issues involved.

Tommy

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
I'm almost ready to get some adapters for my wheels... what do you think... hub centric or no? I've found both (more lug centric than hub centric) on eBay, but I'm thinking hub centric adapters would do a better job of helping carry the weight of the car.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts