where is the buzzer at

purple barney

Frequent Racer
Mar 29, 2009
Raleigh NC
i got a super wierd problem ive replaced the headlight switch fuses checked all my grounds and still i have no parking lights or tail lights. i have headlights and brake lights no turn signals. i can take a wire and jumper from the main power source to the head light switch and get tail lights interior lights and buzzer all at once. If anyone has suggestions please let me know. if not where is the buzzer and ill just disconnet it for now so i can drive the ride at night.

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Does the buzzer come on when the key is on? Do the blinkers work when you jumper this wire? What wire are you jumpering? It sounds like you're connecting to one that's backfeeding through the rest of the switch. Double check your connections on the column for the turn signal switch, and verify the turn signal switch actually works as well. If the turn signal isn't working, either the flasher is bad, or power isn't getting through the circuit somehow. Do the brake lights come on when you hit the brakes? If not, it'd be a good idea verify a working brake light switch, and power to that switch. If not, you have an issue between the fuse block (if all the fuses are good) and that connector.
LightSwitch.jpg

purple barney

Frequent Racer
Mar 29, 2009
Raleigh NC
doober i have brake lights and headlights high and low beam all the time, i have replaced the flasher and no blinkers at anytime . when i take a piece of wire and go from the main 12v source to any of the wires on the headlight switch it will tun on all my interior lights buzzer and dash lights. but it also will turn on the rear running lights which is what im trying to accomplish. I would like to get the parking lights working and when i pull the headlight switch i get head lights only.

purple barney

Frequent Racer
Mar 29, 2009
Raleigh NC
yup and replaced the dimmer switch. it might be my fault this only happened after i removed my radiator support and replaced it with the iceman unit????? im a lost on this one thats why i was just going to disconnet the buzzer

ScotSea

Frequent Racer
Sep 21, 2003
purple barney said:
i got a super wierd problem ive replaced the headlight switch fuses checked all my grounds and still i have no parking lights or tail lights. i have headlights and brake lights no turn signals. i can take a wire and jumper from the main power source to the head light switch and get tail lights interior lights and buzzer all at once. If anyone has suggestions please let me know. if not where is the buzzer and ill just disconnet it for now so i can drive the ride at night.
You have one clue in there. I take it that you have no dome light. But when you connect +12V to the headlight switch, you get the dome light. Now, the only connection to the dome light on the headlight switch is the that the headlight switch grounds the negative side of the dome light to turn it on. The power to the dome light must be missing. By connecting +12V to the headlight switch, you are suppling power to the power bus in the fuse panel. I suspect that you may have a fusible link that has opened up.

purple barney

Frequent Racer
Mar 29, 2009
Raleigh NC
Well scotsea I don’t have a dome light like you said until I jumper it from a 12v source.. The wiring on my car is without a doubt the worst I have every tried to work with months ago I posted about a three separate fires that started inside the car due to the previous owners hack job of wiring. Im thinking I might do better to rip every thing out and start fresh

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Like Scotsea said you may have a fusible link that's open. Thing that confuses me is the headlight switch provides +12v to the running lights and headlights, and you said you do get power to the headlights when you turn the switch on, which is why I suggested checking the switch.

purple barney

Frequent Racer
Mar 29, 2009
Raleigh NC
tell me about it doober its got me flustered and two different switches no difference. i'm still waiting on my starter so i got time to keep looking

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts