where is the buzzer at

ScotSea

Frequent Racer
Sep 21, 2003
purple barney said:
Well scotsea I don’t have a dome light like you said until I jumper it from a 12v source.. The wiring on my car is without a doubt the worst I have every tried to work with months ago I posted about a three separate fires that started inside the car due to the previous owners hack job of wiring. Im thinking I might do better to rip every thing out and start fresh

The fusible links are there to try and prevent the wiring harnesses from burning up, but depending on where the short is, the smaller wires may burn up anyway.

So that sure sounds like you need a new harness. Those things used to be all over in the junkyards, but all the g-bodies are disappearing around here. And to me the real expense is the time to pull out a harness whole. It takes a while in the junkyard to get a whole harness out uncut. Good luck in trying to find a harness.

Scot

81Elky

Frequent Racer
Apr 2, 2008
Indianapolis
Maybe you kicked the white 2-prong (if I remember right) connector off on the side of the steering column towards the bottom, that's what happened to mine and I had the same problem.....

Rick

ScotSea

Frequent Racer
Sep 21, 2003
Well, I spent the day looking at my brother-in-laws 46 Chevy pickup. We were esssentailly rewiring it from scratch, with some bits and pieces from various GM cars, with a lot of it from a 79 Firebird TA. The light switch and steering column (therefore ignition switch wiring) was from the 79 TA. I was wrong about the light switch.

It has primary power (the big red wire) going to it for the headlights only. The orange wires on the switch supply power for the courtesy lights, dash lights and the parking lights. The orange wires supply power from the fuse panel. The green wire for the dash lights then runs back to the fuse panel to run though a smaller fuse for the dash lights.

If you look at the schematic that Doober posted above, you can see that the parking light and courtesy light power is supplied to the fuse panel from a separate power feed. I don't think that this helps you get any further, but I hope you are able to make some progress.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Doesn't sound like a blown fusible link to me, but I don't have any suggestions other than to triple check the clock/cigar lighter/courtesy light & tail light fuses in the panel & the courtesy/tail light feed from fusible link "A" to the #2 terminal for the clock/cigar lighter/courtesy light/tail light circuits.

Tommy

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts