Wiring & alternator

A

Anonymous

Can someone please help me. Someone stole my Malibu, and removed the engine and trans. I got the car back, but they cut my engine wires coming from the firewall. At least they were nice enough to leave me about 6 inches of wire to splice from. I have a 78 Malibu and I was wondering if anyone knows how to wire the alternator? I know it gets a wire from the starter, but which terminal does it go on? I have like 8 wires coming out, 2 red, 1 brown, 1 green I think, and a few others. I don't know which is which. If anyone can help me out a little it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone Tom
[email protected]
Even a decent underhood wiring diagram would be great.

A

Anonymous

Hey Brooks, I noticed your in the Stl area, where abouts? If you can't get it figured out from the diagram hit me up I may be able to help out.......

O. D. Showtime

Top Fueler
Nov 23, 2003
Regina SK Canada
Would it be easier to maybe find another under hood section of the fuse box, it should just unscrew from the under dash side. That way you'd have no splices to have potential problems with. Just my 2 cents

Kevin

gmachinz

Frequent Racer
Apr 5, 2005
Iowa
I have the entire wiring harness still from an 87 SS if you're interested. I am willing to break it up for the underhood section. It's complete minus the tach filter.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts