you guys help me out

167champ

Frequent Racer
Nov 16, 2006
omaha
Hey malibu people, I'm in a crunch and I need your help. I have a 80 malibu that I would like to put some old school rallies on. But I'm at the cross raods of should I get them or put some new school 20 inch rims on it right now. First let me say this. I'm african american and these 20's are a big thing in my culture. I have acces to them both now but I'm going to wait until after the winter is done to make the choice and just ride the standard wheel and rims combo on it now. I'm really fond of both looks. But if I get some 15 inch rallies what is the biggest size that I can put under a 4 door without rubbing? I just need to know what size 255-55-15 or what for the rallies. Any input will be helpful. Thanks guys.

A

Anonymous

first of all rallies rock. i dig trimrings party_guitar.gif with that being said on stock suspension i am running 235 60 15 and 275 60 15 out back. not sure if you can anything bigger on without mods hope that helps

Z-man

Dragway Regular
Aug 12, 2006
Barnesville MN/ Fargo ND
Another vote for good old rallys. IMO the best looking steel wheel ever made ;)

bukweet

Top Fueler
Mar 22, 2005
Mississippi Gulf Coast
I'd like 'em both. I suppose the 20's, for me,would depend as much as to what style they were and the tire size you use. I've seen some 18's that looked pretty trick on the mid size rides.
I don't care for jacked up 4WD trucks so the cars done the same way just don't do much for me. That said I'll always go back to my sermon. It's YOUR car. Build it your way. It's the only way you'll ever be happy with it. Copy someone or be original. Just be happy with what you do to YOUR ride.
Set up both sets if you can afford it and switch when you're tired of the same look.
Post some pictures when you're done and show us the Bu.
bukweet

Hiway

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 9, 2005
Enola Arkansas
I think 20's on a Bu is to big. 18' at most. But...that's just me. Look thru the gallory and find something you like. Then come in here and ask what his combo is. I know...your thinking "why didn't I think of that!" Welcome to the board and please resist the DonK.

lurchsmalibu

Top Fueler
Jun 5, 2005
Lakeland, Florida
22"ez
:lol:
840A0051.jpg

Rallies rule for the steel rim selection :!: But the question is what is your preference? Don't go with the Donk side of things just because that's what your buddies are doing, it's your ride and choice. 18's look great on one....20's might be boarderline as for an easy install/fit. Check out malibu9in's car.....low and nice rim selection.

A

Anonymous

i agree with u lurch i happen to like th muslecar not lowered rally wheels with a rake but i can appreciate 20s or 30s or whatever if it looks trick. the point is do wht you like and then do it again.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts