Your thoughts on a body work room,,,

matty man

Dragway Regular
Jun 1, 2003
Grove City , Ohio
Hello all, for starters,, I am no body guy but I have tried to do body work and you know that dust goes every where,, so here is my thoughts on a dirty room,, I have a 30 X 60 pole barn and I am in the works to put in a 10 X 18 room to blast, primer and bondo work and attempt to keep the dust within this room,, My malibu is 6 ft in width and I think I will have enough room to do the body work, prime ect,,, It will be about 9 ft + in height and 18 ft in length,, I would love to go 12 ft but I am getting a lift back (2 post) and if I go 12 ft it wont fit the way the garge door is,, What would you use for the side walls?? I will have 7/16 OSB board but when I use my blaster (frames ect) I dont want to blast into the OSB,, I thought about pole barn siding?? I you have something like this I would love to know what you have,, thanks for your replys,, Matty man 8)

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com
Your specs will leave less than 2 feet between you and the wall, taking into consideration the thickness of the wall. Have you ever tried to work in a space that is only 2 feet between your back and your face? I think you will need a wider space.

I do envy the size of your barn...call it barn envy.

matty man

Dragway Regular
Jun 1, 2003
Grove City , Ohio
Thanks t5,, most of the time the car will be on rollers so I can push it fairly easy,, I am going to build the wall and roll my 79 2 door in and check the cleareance, the way the previous owner built the barn I have to ensure I have enough room for a 2 car post lift,, I may go out 11 ft,, I will give it a shot,, no benchs, tool boxes ect in the dirty room,, Thanks matty man

matty man

Dragway Regular
Jun 1, 2003
Grove City , Ohio
Take 2,, after gettings things in and remeasuring,, I am going to a 12 foot width and 20 ft lenght,, Thanks for the ideas,, matty man

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!