1979 Malibu bench seat weight

Deano4767

New Member
Apr 20, 2013
1
0
0
Does anyone have an accurate weight for a typical factory cloth bench seat with the factory head rests and seat tracks?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Dean
 

87SS-ZZ3

Frequent Racer
Oct 9, 2004
385
0
0
Pantego, NC
Deano4767 said:
Does anyone have an accurate weight for a typical factory cloth bench seat with the factory head rests and seat tracks?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Dean
I'm sure the Malibu is the same or close but my Monte Carlo SS bench was 80 lbs.
 

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
15,847
1
38
North Jersey
Wow. I didn't think mine seemed that heavy when I took it out... Who would have guessed?

Tommy
 

87SS-ZZ3

Frequent Racer
Oct 9, 2004
385
0
0
Pantego, NC
LS6 Tommy said:
Wow. I didn't think mine seemed that heavy when I took it out... Who would have guessed?

Tommy

I was kinda shocked it was that much too. It was the one piece bottom seat and split back with headrests and brackets.
 

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
15,847
1
38
North Jersey
87SS-ZZ3 said:
LS6 Tommy said:
Wow. I didn't think mine seemed that heavy when I took it out... Who would have guessed?

Tommy

I was kinda shocked it was that much too. It was the one piece bottom seat and split back with headrests and brackets.


X2, but mine was vinyl...

Tommy
 

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Credits

© 2001-2022, All Rights Reserved.
Ripp Technical Services
A ForumGeeks Production.

MalibuRacing.com is a place to provide and exchange performance tech, tips, information and general discussion about the 1978-1983 Malibu and Malibu Classic. All A/G body fans and discussions are welcome here. Much of the information on this site applies to other years and models of the A/G body lineup.

Malibu Racing is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.