1981Regal said:
Awesome, got any videos of it?

quick video i shot with my cellphone today, cruising on the highway @ 70mph

lt4malibu

Pro Stocker
Feb 22, 2004
NJ
Wagon Master said:
I've been doing a similar LS install on my wagon but went with the 6-speed instead. I also used the BRP kit which worked out great.

http://maliburacing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=111467
http://maliburacing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=111513

I'm about to tackle the cooling system and you say that you used an F-body radiator. Did you have to do much modification to make it fit? Did you use the F-body electric fans too? What did you use for the top radiator support? Thanks!

Scott

i used the f-body radiator, cooling fans and radiator hoses. on the bottom of the radiator support there are tabs that hold the rubber insulators for the stock malibu raditor, i bent those down and cut up some old hose to use as a cushion. used the stock camaro upper and lower hoses (i trimmed about an inch off the radiator side of the lower hose so it fit better).

Wagon Master

Amateur Racer
Feb 16, 2012
New Jersey
Sounds good. What did you use to hold the top of the radiator in place? Did that also come from the F-body?

Regarding the video, Route 287N at Route 80, right?

lt4malibu

Pro Stocker
Feb 22, 2004
NJ
used a Grand National radiator hold down - its a little too long but it works.

lt4malibu

Pro Stocker
Feb 22, 2004
NJ
the setup thats on there is temporary but its a 4inch to 3.5 inch elbow, a picece of 3.5inch aluminum tubing, camaro MAF, camaro IAT(i took the rubber grommet out of the camaro airlid and just drilled a hole in the aluminum tube and stuck it in there) and some cheapy autozone airfilter. im gonna switch it to a 4inch MAF from a vette with an integrated IAT and normally i just use thin wall PVC(local home depot or lowes) that you would use for drainage (and people make fun of me lol but its cheap, doesnt retain heat and easy to replace). i intend to put a much larger airfilter under the inner fender(where the charcoal canister used to be) to take in colder air.

Wagon Master

Amateur Racer
Feb 16, 2012
New Jersey
Sounds good, I've done some Home Depot specials myself. I don't think i'll go the with the Vette MAF yet as I'll be happy just to get the wagon started and back on the road. But it's good to know for later. Thanks!

canadian87ss

Feb 18, 2006
What year Camaro did the Radiator, Fans, and hoses come from so we know what to order from Rock Auto. Do the fans bolt on to the radiator using pre-existing attaching points on the plastic rad side tanks?.

When you install the A/C appreciate if you could provide details on what I would imagine will be custom made hoses. Are you using the lower mounted stock LS compressor. From the BRP web site it looks like it clears the frame with no issue. I understand the Grand National condenser has hookups on the passenger side of the rad rather than the drivers. Makes hose routing easier given current hookups on drivers side.

Here's another electric fan bolt on top plate (upper rad mount) alternative to the Grand National plate you have. A little cleaner looking but more expensive. Part #256 & #264
http://custommontessparts.com/custom_sheet_metal_251-265

lt4malibu

Pro Stocker
Feb 22, 2004
NJ
all the cooling system parts came from a 98-2002 camaro/firebird, the fan clips into the radiator.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!