28 x 10.5 slick = what size street drag radial

hairdog

Daily Driver
Oct 8, 2011
I bought a 78 malibu that currently has a set of 28 x 10.5s slicks on it. They are dry rotted on the side walls from the car sitting. I plan on buying new tires and want to go with a ET street radial tire since I want to drive the car on the street some. The frame is notched already and this is the biggest tire that will fit without tubbing.

So my question is what does the 28 x 10.5s slick equal to in a ET street drag radial ? I figured if anyone would know it would be my fellow Malibu owners.

10secBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Westminster, MD
Closest in M/T is the 295/55. They 275/60 is real close to a 28 x 9 slick.

IN Hoosier, their 275/60 is close to a 10.5 x 28 as it has 10" of tread compared to M/T's 8.9" advertised tread width.

Section width sometimes is difficult to compare as the manufactures tend to use varying rim widths when displaying section width.

hairdog

Daily Driver
Oct 8, 2011
Right now the car has M/T ET slicks . I want the max size tire that will fit without tubbing. That's why I figured someone here could help take the guess work out of it. I'm sure someone else has ran this size tire on there malibu. I don't want to have to do it twice.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts