3100 Tuned Port T5

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
I don't know if it's 60º or not, but in the future you could maybe swap in one of those 300hp 3.6L v6s they put in the new CTS... that sucker would rip then ;)

GMC2007080117996_PV.jpg

Killerdave8813

Dragway Regular
Jan 16, 2008
Cincinnati,Ohio
Hey Doober,
Yep it probably would,the fist thing I'd have to do is get rid of that shroud or whatever you want to call it and make it look like an engine,I'm afraid I'm old school when it come to that,I don't want to pop a hood and look at a bunch of plastic or what have you and wonder what the engine would look like if it didn't have all that junk on top of it!!! even a new Vette if I owned it off it would come!! can't help it,but I'd also be getting away from the original idea,cheap cause I already have the donor,fun,cause it's a fun little engine and economical cause it's small,but of course I've already wondered how it would run with a ported/cleaned up intake,heads and exhaust manifolds and maybe some 1.6 rockers???????? Well you know,once a Hot Rodder but I think I'd rather see what the 3100's potential would be,I have the small block car to rip in when I want to,the V6 car would be more the everyday driver type especially if I get out of hand with the sb,of course before I worry about it I have to put it together!!!!!!!
Catch you later,Dave

Killerdave8813

Dragway Regular
Jan 16, 2008
Cincinnati,Ohio
Hey It's all good man,from what I've seen here and there along the way if you really want it you can make it happen! Just cut the center out of the crossmember,set the engine down there,figure out what you need,some plate & some tubing,weld er up and bingo bango there she sits! Ideas are always a good thing as long as they're not illeagle or shall we say "too" dangerous!!! Later

80ECLT

MalibuRacing Junkie
Nov 21, 2006
Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin
Its an idea that I threw around myself before building the 4.3. Id say go for it. It will be a little work, and there will be some custom parts needed like motor mounts etc, but if you can fab them up, Id love to see a 60 deg g body! I built a custom fuel take sender for multi port, PM me for more details if you want. i wish I would have taken some more pics of the setup because a lot of people have been asking me for details.

80ECLT

MalibuRacing Junkie
Nov 21, 2006
HAHA! Nope not yet...The body is still off the chassis. The chassis, suspension, drivetrain and interior are done. Just have body, paint and wiring left. Should be driving this summer, should be painted and finished next fall.

80ECLT

MalibuRacing Junkie
Nov 21, 2006
I hear you on that! I sort of put it off this winter. I was laid off, and didnt have a lot of cash. Im back and running job wise so its time to start blowing money and time ion this lil sucker again.

Darwinskeeper

Frequent Racer
Sep 18, 2005
Wichita, Kansas
80ECLT,

Waitaminute!!! What's this I hear about project cars being finished? My understanding is that they are always in work, its just that sometime they are in better shape than others. :lol:

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts