6.0 motor and transmission are in!!! - NOW A STICKY

Roller406Bu

Frequent Racer
Sep 10, 2003
Elizabethtown Ky
jking78 said:
is there a difference between lq4 and lq9 and are they both 6.0

Both 6.0, to keep it simple, different pistons, dished for lq4 flat top for lq9 and the lq9 has more compression....if you can get a lq9 for a decent price then id get it but there usually alot higher...I have a lq4 in my car...

jking78

Weekend Racer
May 28, 2011
what about the transmission. i just installed a 200-4r. can i still use that transmission or do i have to do major mod to install a new trans

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Any trans you would put behind a regular SBC will work, pretty sure you need a special flywheel/flexplate for either app. though.

Roller406Bu

Frequent Racer
Sep 10, 2003
Elizabethtown Ky
use this with what u have...
http://www.jegs.com/p/GM-Performance/GM-Performance-Parts-Flexplate-Crankshaft-Adapter-Spacer/835483/10002/-1

or buy a ls swap specific convertor like i did.....

rtcook

Daily Driver
May 14, 2012
Carlisle, Ky
Roller406Bu said:
use this with what u have...
http://www.jegs.com/p/GM-Performance/GM-Performance-Parts-Flexplate-Crankshaft-Adapter-Spacer/835483/10002/-1

or buy a ls swap specific convertor like i did.....

I am definetly going to have to come over and see this thing run, and see your other rides too. Sick ride man.

Roller406Bu

Frequent Racer
Sep 10, 2003
Elizabethtown Ky
Just an update the hedman longtubes 1 7/8 headers fit perfect, no hammering on or flattening any tubes on these...502-45036 is the number from jegs.com
Used these with the same mounts...fyi

Black Monte

May 4, 2009
Nice build. I have picked up a lot of good info from you. I was wondering on your cam was there any piston to valve clearance issues and what lsa was it ground on? I am thinking of running the same cam in a lq4 with 317 heads but would like some feed back from someone that has run it. Are you happy with the low end power,your quarter times are impressive but how are your street manners. Thanks for any input.

Roller406Bu

Frequent Racer
Sep 10, 2003
Elizabethtown Ky
my ms4 is on a 110 and there weren't any ptv issues..I just put the cam in dot to dot...car is great man, idles great never dies cruises on the highway great runs cool you won't disappointed...Car pulls hard up top of course but isn't bad down low either...I recently changed heads, intake, carb, and transmission (went with a transbrake) and was shooting for 9 second ets but blew the rear end on my first pass on the bottle last month...

heres a idle vid...

Last edited by a moderator:

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts