78 Buick Regal horn button replacement.

78elk

Dragway Regular
Mar 6, 2014
Mountain Home Id
I have a 78 Buick Regal steering column in my 78 El Camino. I have the steering wheel that I would like to make over for the El Camino. The plastic horn button is broken and won't stay in the wheel. Does anyone know where I could buy parts to make my own? If I found one with a Chevy emblem or one I could make my own Emblem.

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com
Are you referring to the plastic emblem in the center of a round horn button, like the one I linked to?

Or are you referring to the plastic cup that sits behind the round vinyl button?

In either case, they are the same parts used in many cars. The center emblem pops out so it can be replaced with a different one.
14875478-1987-chevrolet-monte-carlo-ss-std.jpg

pp00310_6.jpg

78elk

Dragway Regular
Mar 6, 2014
Mountain Home Id
Thank you for your time and help. The one that's on the wheel that I want to replace is bigger than that one. It is a plastic piece that the tabs inside so there's no way to make it stay on the wheel. I'll see if I can get a picture of it up tomorrow.

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com
To attach images, I have found 2 ways that don't require 3rd party hosting:
  1. Copy/Paste the image, as I did here from the Windows Snipping Tool. You then have a choice to insert a thumbnail or the full image.
  2. Select the Insert Image icon, then click in the large white space and navigate to your saved image (see picture). There is a limitation to the image size, but I don't know if it is file size or dimensions. The allowable image can still be quite large.
    The images I inserted in this post were inserted with this feature (https://maliburacing.com/forum/threads/sold-pair-of-coil-assisted-shocks-used-for-few-months.127417/)

1590076959039.png

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!