8.8 FORD g-body custom rear end housing and axle package

Status
Not open for further replies.

monzaz

Dragway Regular
Aug 10, 2005
Richfield, Oh
www.jdrace.com
Well If we are going to do anything I think the correct axles should be used and If we have to pay for the axle custom like we might as well get the correct GM bolt pattern so all the stock brakes can be used for simplicity and keeping the price down for parts and labor in the long haul.

I think the 8.8 could be built and assembled for the customer with out brakes for about 1200.00 That is assembled and ready for your brakes.

housing and axles 595.00 + shipping

A

Anonymous

When you talk about bolt patterns gm uses a 4 3/4 0n 5 what does ford use? I know they had a 4 lug and a five lug. :-k

holtjohn

Frequent Racer
Oct 15, 2008
I paid 200 for the complete rear end, 50 to have it cut down, 25 for the extra axle, 15 for new brake line then had about 15 hours of labor cutting brackets off the old one and welding them on to the 8.8. But this is for my RX7 drag car that has a four link set up without and links on the center. If I could get the housing and axles for around 500 that would make me happy. The bolt pattern is 5x4.5 on the explorer, but I had a set of 5x4.5 rims so I ok there.

monzaz

Dragway Regular
Aug 10, 2005
Richfield, Oh
www.jdrace.com
Well do remember the axles are MOSER so breakage should not be a factor. Where stock axles that are cast may not make the grade down the road of torture. Jim :)

monzaz

Dragway Regular
Aug 10, 2005
Richfield, Oh
www.jdrace.com
PMs are always welcome.

Supe

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Charlotte, NC
Locking this topic, because it is turning into a sales/service thread. If you wish to become a paying sponsor of MR so that you may advertise, contact the forum administrator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!