8.8 rear swap geometry

James Bond

Dragway Regular
Dec 26, 2005
Earth
TRZ Motorsports said:
I always base the ride height off of the lower control arm frame bolt hole. For the 8.8 setup to work well you'll need that mount around 9 to 9.5 inches off the floor. Even here it will loctae the IC around 50 to 55 inches (if I remeber correctly)

whats the ideal IC dimension? will going lower make it better or worse?

A

Anonymous

We are actually building a malibu at the Southern Outlaw Shop even though our primary focus is Mustangs. We are designing a lift bar that will get the ride height right according to the IC. I will post pic's of the new pieces when we get them done.

A

Anonymous

Wouldn't these pretty much take care of the I/C problem? or at least really help?

http://www.gbodyparts.com/popup_image.php?pID=594&image=1&osCsid=4559987ecc4357c1aa7580dc0e724728

A

Anonymous

I have been gone for awhile but,previous on here was working on a few steps for the 8.8 in a Gbody from a stang but,now I have a 88 cougar xr7 with disc brakes and working on putting drum brakes on it tomorrow to get some specs.
friday I am going to pull a linc mk 7 rear end complete out and gonna do a comparison.
I know that they is some differents in the lengths.the axles in the linc mk is I believe 30.47 and the sn 95s are 30.69 with the 79-93 mustang I believe is 29 3/16s(I hope i got this right)I was wanting to do a swap with the trz kit and hoping that the axle housing dem set up is the same on a mk7 as it is th fox style mustang.I want alittle extra for BS on wheels.trying to stay within 60-62 inches.this puts me at about 2-4in wider than stock 58in.I wil get more pics for yall.I am sorry its been so long.just trying diff things.kenny

A

Anonymous

Update,I went today and purchased the 89 linc mk 7 rear end and with disc for 40.00.I also went through and found (2) sets of 3.55 Locker gears but,they are 31 spline out of grand mark.I did measure the 2 rear ends and realized that they is a 2 in diff in the 88 cougar xr7 with disc and the 89 link mrk 7.I pulled drums from a 90 ranger due to being a little wider than the others.the back holes on the back plate matched up to both rear ends.I kept both the wide ones and narrow.Now I have to figure out axles for 31 to fit ](*,)

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts