Acting Funny

LETSDRG

Weekend Racer
Apr 14, 2009
Grosse Ile, MI
ProJunk said:
The first two things that come to mind are that:

A) You're very likely spinning the rear tires with the 200 horsepower tune-up. The fact that it slowed down in the 60-foot time shows tire slippage. While you're probably not killing the tires, you're very likely black tracking well past the 660-foot mark.

B) If you made several passes on a single bottle, you were probably experiencing some pressure drop on the pass with the 200 horsepower tune-up. It's not difficult at all to drop into the 600 - 700 PSI range at the top end of the track, especially after a couple of hits with the bottle. As your pressure drops, the tune-up goes over-rich on fuel and horsepower drops off significantly. I'd invest in a bottle heater and a nitrous pressure gauge that is mounted somewhere in your sight from the driver seat position. You want to maintain bottle pressure between 900 - 950 PSI for optimum nitrous system performance.

As a side note, with 13.3:1 static compression and nitrous use, you should really consider using C16 fuel. Some may think that C16 is overkill in your combination, but I say you're better safe than sorry, especially with the larger tune-up.

The bottle would be fresh when i tried the 200 hit, so i dont think it dropped off to bad.

But i really dont think its spinning the tires because the power just isnt there. i can feel the obvious difference from running on motor then using the 150 hit, but when i have the 200 pills in it, it just does not feel like it has power, at all. sometimes it would come up hard then you could just feel it die off, sometimes it would not even come out hard... so its a big confusing mess im going to have to tinker with this spring.

here is a video of it trying on the 200 hit... you can some what see my car, but you can really hear it come out hard then just die off. skip to 3:40 in the video im on the right ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybsQ3MioYTU ) and wait for the leave. thats the worst it acted on the 200 pills.

Excelerater

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 22, 2003
Memphis,TN
LOOK AT THE PLUGS

Excelerater

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 22, 2003
Memphis,TN
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiMM2S0aADM

here is one place to start -

MalibuRacing.com Gear