any one have a lower control arm frame brakcet start ripping

A

Anonymous

got a g body with the pass side lower control arm brakcet begining to rip off the frame any one ever fix this and how did they do it???

Supe

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Charlotte, NC
Bend it back to where it needs to be and weld it back. Either cut a bracket to reinforce the backside of the mount, or run a tubular crossmember across the back with two pieces of tubing that branch off and run to the backside of the mounts. A lot of guys go the crossmember route and incorporate a rear driveshaft loop while they're at it.

87montess

Amateur Racer
Jul 10, 2007
PHILLY
does anyone make a rear crossmember

Supe

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Charlotte, NC
Plenty of cut to fit ones out there. Comp Engineering, ART, etc all probably have them.

A

Anonymous

yea i was gonna heat it up and pull it back in to spot and plate it then runa crossmember to tie it into just wonder what every one else was doing.

C LOWERY

Frequent Racer
Nov 2, 2004
Bates City, MO
I did this BEFORE i started ripping mine off but the fix could work for you.

DSC01028.jpg

DSC01036.jpg

DSC01035.jpg

DSC01033.jpg

red barn

Frequent Racer
Mar 5, 2007
Syracuse, NY
Mine wasn't ripping from the frame, but here is how i braced it

Wagon29.jpg

A

Anonymous

whats with the round tube on the control arm??

red barn

Frequent Racer
Mar 5, 2007
Syracuse, NY
The edelbrock tube just braces the LCA mount from pushing out and ties into the upper mount.

The other tube.......
well.....
it is a low buck anti-roll consisting of a ladder bar crossmember welded through the lower control arms. real low tech and I am sure it sees a tremendous amount of force. It was meant to be temporary but it is still in the car

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!